MDAC 2.1 vs MDAC 2.5?

Post by George McLea » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Recently, MDAC 2.5 was installed on my work station.

When I click File->New from NT explorer I no longer see "Microsoft Data
Link". Can I still use UDL files with MDAC 2.5? Has something changed here?

Thanks

George McLean

MDAC 2.1 vs MDAC 2.5?

Post by George Poulos » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q244/6/59.asp

George
http://gpoulose.home.att.net/

Quote:> Hello,

> Recently, MDAC 2.5 was installed on my work station.

> When I click File->New from NT explorer I no longer see "Microsoft Data
> Link". Can I still use UDL files with MDAC 2.5? Has something changed
here?

> Thanks

> George McLean

1. HELP: MDAC 2.1 and MDAC 2.5

Help. I am currently developing ASP pages and the data is coming from an SQL
7.0 server. I a ODBC Error has occured (can't remember it rite now) and
searching throught the knowldege database I found the exact error message
and was pointed to this page to download the fix
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm ... I went to download the MDAC
... by accident downloading the 2.5 version. Installed it and right after
that my asp pages are not displaying at all. I am getting an error that all
my ASP pages cannot be found.

I later went back to the site above to download the 2.1 version and
installed it. I'm still unable to see all my ASP pages.

Trying to speak about the ultimate reality
is like sending a kiss through a messenger

2. Connect Failed error

3. MDAC 2.1 (GA) and MDAC 2.5 (RTM)

4. Funny new stuff

5. Access 97 vs 2000 + MDAC 2.1 SP2 vs 2.5

6. URGERNT: Could not open db

7. MDAC 2.0 vs 2.1 or 2.5

8. i can't get it to work rightly with "select ...like..."

9. MDAC 2.0 Vs MDAC 2.1 - Compatibility Issues.

10. performance problems from MDAC 2.1 to 2.5

11. Downgrading from mdac 2.5 to 2.1

12. Problem when upgrading MDAC 2.1 to 2.5

13. Upgrade MDAC 2.1 to 2.5????