migration sql 6.5 SQL 2000

Post by fry » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:30:23

Bonjour ,

Comment raliser la migration d'une base  SQL 6.5 sous SBS 4.5 vers 2000
Server SQL 2000.

Quelle solution est la plus simple ? une sauvegarde et une restauration ?

Merci de votrre aide

migration sql 6.5 SQL 2000

Post by Scot Ro » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 00:58:04

Ok, So there is Babelfish<G>

Hello, How to carry out the migration of a base SQL 6.5 pennies SBS 4.5 towards 2000 Server SQL 2000. Which solution is simplest? a safeguard and a
restoration? Thank you for votrre assistance

Not sure if thats an exact translation, but I think I see the point<G>

This article should point you in the right direction

Q261334 INF: FAQs - SQL Server 2000 - Upgrade
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q261334

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com  or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

migration sql 6.5 SQL 2000

Post by Charles Kincai » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 01:27:50

Quote:> Bonjour ,
> Comment raliser la migration d'une base  SQL 6.5 sous SBS 4.5 vers
> 2000 Server SQL 2000.
> Quelle solution est la plus simple ? une sauvegarde et une
> restauration ? Merci de votrre aide

J'ai imprim le schma de 6.5. Aprs j'ai fait une connexion du nouveau
serveur au vieux serveur via ODBC. J'ai import toutes les tables et les
donnes du vieux serveur au nouveau serveur. J'ai rpar ce qu'est rest
manuellement.

Pour les procdures emmagasines, je les ai exports tout aux fichiers
texte sous 6.5 et les a imports dans le nouveau serveur. J'ai rpar ce
que n'a pas import la main.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

I printed the schema from 6.5.
Next I made a connection from the new server to the old server via ODBC.
I imported all the tables and data from the old server to the new
server. I fixed what remained manually.

For the stored procedures, I exported them all to text files under 6.5
and imported them into the new server.  I fixed what did not import by
hand.

--
ATB

Charles Kincaid

migration sql 6.5 SQL 2000

Post by Scot Ro » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 00:14:10

Could you re-ask the question in English please? I'd be glad to try to answer it but unfortunately I cannot read French...

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN Library at http://msdn.microsoft.com  or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com

Scot Rose, MCSD
Microsoft Visual Basic Developer Support

This posting is provided AS IS, with no warranties, and confers no rights.

1. Migration SQl 6.5 to SQl 2000

Felix,

The DTS Import wizard in SQL 2k doesn't work for this?

/Lasse

I am encountering problems migrating the following code from 6.5 to 2000
The main block is the replace of 6.5 syslocks table with 2000 syslockinfo
table
Can somebody provide some help about how to change the following 6.5
compatible
select statement to SQL 2000::

SELECT SLG.Name, SO.name, SP2.program_name, SP2.hostname
FROM master.dbo.syslogins SLG, master.dbo.sysprocesses SP1,
     master.dbo.sysprocesses SP2, master.dbo.syslocks SLCK, dbo.sysobjects
SO

      AND SP2.SPID = SLCK.SPID AND SLCK.id = SO.id

2. How to pass ntext input parameter to stored procedure (VB+MS SQL 2000)?

3. SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000 migration issues

4. VA-Reston-266728--ORACLE-SUN-Solaris-SQL-PL/SQL-Sr Oracle DBA

5. Migration: SQL Server 6.5 to SQL Server 2000

6. Re : Locking

7. Migration SQL 6.5 ->2000 Server

8. Migration from 6.5 to sql 2000

9. Migration between SQL 6.5 and 2000

10. SQL 2000 (SBS) to SQL 2000 (Proper) Migration

11. Migration from Pervasive SQL 2000 to MS-SQL Server 2000 using ADO

12. SQL 6.5 vs. SQL 7.0 or SQL 2000