BI tool Evaluation/Selection Matrix

Post by David Eckhard » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:13:47

Looking at some BI tools.
Is anyone aware of an evaluation matrix to assist in making a choice.

Thanks,

Dave

BI tool Evaluation/Selection Matrix

Post by Chri » Fri, 23 Feb 2001 01:06:58

Have you checked www.olapreport.com?

Quote:> Looking at some BI tools.
> Is anyone aware of an evaluation matrix to assist in making a choice.

> Thanks,

> Dave

BI tool Evaluation/Selection Matrix

Post by Robert Hinterhofe » Sun, 25 Feb 2001 09:25:31

Hello David!

I think that Ralph Kimball's 20 Criteria for Dimensionally Friendly
Vendors are very useful. Look at
http://www.rkimball.com/html/dimension.html.

Bye,
Robert

> Looking at some BI tools.
> Is anyone aware of an evaluation matrix to assist in making a choice.

> Thanks,

> Dave

BI tool Evaluation/Selection Matrix

Post by Michael Coope » Tue, 06 Mar 2001 22:00:02

The Gartner Group comes out with a thorough, independent report on OLAP
products. I've used their reports in performing OLAP evaluations for
Big-Eight firms.

Michael Cooper
Anegada Group L.L.C.

Quote:> Looking at some BI tools.
> Is anyone aware of an evaluation matrix to assist in making a choice.

> Thanks,

> Dave

1. OLAP/BI Tool Evaluation Matrix

I'm looking for a standard?!? evaluation matrix to help choose an
OLAP/Business Intelligence tool.

I am currently leaning heavily toward Cognos, but need to do the evaluation
in
order to justify a selection.

Thanks in Advance,

Dave

2. Essbase Production Support

3. Compare/Contrast :: BI Tools (Vendor) Matrix

4. My Fields names are truncated

5. RDBMS Server Evaluation Matrix v 1.0.2 - FAQ

6. Database names are absent in SQL Profiler

7. Informix job opportunity in Dallas

8. Post your Evaluation Matrix