D3 NT and LS-120 floppy drives

Post by Chris Pott » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have a LS-120 floppy drive on my PC which I had hoped to use for
file/account saves, but an account save stops and asks for the next floppy
after 1.44mb (or so it seems).  I was told by PICK Systems "if NT will
recognise it so will D3".  Has anyone successfully used a LS-120 drive with
D3?

thanks

Chris Potts

D3 NT and LS-120 floppy drives

Post by Foster Burn » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a LS-120 floppy drive on my PC which I had hoped to use for
>file/account saves, but an account save stops and asks for the next floppy
>after 1.44mb (or so it seems).  I was told by PICK Systems "if NT will
>recognise it so will D3".  Has anyone successfully used a LS-120 drive with
>D3?

>thanks

>Chris Potts

I have used ZIP drives with D3/NT and had no problems.

Foster

D3 NT and LS-120 floppy drives

Post by Nikolai Luki » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Chris,

By means of D3 Device Manager set up a file on your LS-120 drive as a pseudo-floppy rather then use it as a "physical device". This should definitely work, as far as it works with ZIP-drive or any other removable/network drive in the same manner.

Nick Lukin

Quote:>I have a LS-120 floppy drive on my PC which I had hoped to use for
>file/account saves, but an account save stops and asks for the next floppy
>after 1.44mb (or so it seems).  I was told by PICK Systems "if NT will
>recognise it so will D3".  Has anyone successfully used a LS-120 drive with
>D3?

>thanks

>Chris Potts

1. Floppy Drive acts strange in D3-Linux

Any time I t-dump anything to my floppy the event seems to work fine. I get
a message saying how many items are dumped to tape, BUT
the operation doesnt complete at that point. If I remove the floppy I get a
whole bunch of IO errors displaying on my monitor telling me that I must
have removed the floppy.

What's with that?

2. length of a long raw column

3. Swithing D3/nt from C drive to E drive and having problems

4. SQL Debug Tool

5. pseudo floppy on D3/NT

6. Can't connect to SQL server on local machine unless dialup networking connected????

7. I am having a problem with a hard disk drive or floppy disk drive

8. Opinions on Informix

9. Insert records from a database in floppy drive to hard drive

10. cant install sqlserver 6.0 on nt 3.51 (pentium 120)

11. DLT tape drive on D3/NT...

12. D3 NT cannto access network drives

13. copying files to/from D3/NT to network shared drive