Advanced Pick 5.1 on AIX 3.2

Post by servico_p.. » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm semi-consulting to my former employer.  I helped move and set up
their R/S 6000 last summer.  IBM moved the machine from West Palm Beach,
FL to Atlanta, GA.  Then I went home to Florida.  Two weeks ago, I
receive an email. "The system crashed.  We replaced the hard drive.  Now
AP doesn't work!"
I replied, "Find the diskettes and I'll tell you what to do."
They replied, "We can't find the diskettes.  We think we threw them
out!  Come and help us!"

Does anyone, anywhere have the original installp diskettes for Advanced
PICK 5.1 or 5.2?

I have a good file-save but can't boot without the diskettes.  The
machine is no longer a production machine but is being maintained for
historical purposes, perhaps for another 6-12 months.

Thank you!

James A. Carter, II

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Advanced Pick 5.1 on AIX 3.2

Post by Tony Gravagn » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

If the system is no longer in production, then how about loading a single
user version of D3 ProPlus, NT, or Linux onto some PC, then loading the data
so that you can retrieve it at your convenience?
- The expense will be $1000 some-odd dollars.
- The savings will be
---In consulting dollars: they won't have to pay you or anyone else for mega
hours to try to resurrect the old system.
---In hardware/OS rental or leasing to IBM; they won't need the RS/AIX
anymore.
---In electricity - OK, so I'm grabbing now, but it's a factor.
---Time - Get it now and have the data back next week - done - full stop.

Good Luck in any case.
Tony

--
Tony Gravagno - Pick Systems