How to build and report on OLAP cubes with Seagate Crystal Info 7

How to build and report on OLAP cubes with Seagate Crystal Info 7

Post by jorg » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:59:47

Hi all,

I'm looking for a kind of cookbook or guidance how to build OLAP-cubes in a
smart way. I need to report on a database holding eCRM info, a
star-schema-databse is already in place.

I find it hard to build cubes onto the datamodel. Especially I'm interested
in
- building dimensions, virutal dimensions
- parent-child dependecies
- performance improvements

I appreciate any help
Thank you very much.

Bye
Jorg

How to build and report on OLAP cubes with Seagate Crystal Info 7

Post by Andre » Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:04:50

You may want to try/evaluate Essbase by hyperion
http://www.hyperion.com

A. Alkhouri

> Hi all,

> I'm looking for a kind of cookbook or guidance how to build OLAP-cubes in
> smart way. I need to report on a database holding eCRM info, a
> star-schema-databse is already in place.

> I find it hard to build cubes onto the datamodel. Especially I'm
interested
> in
> - building dimensions, virutal dimensions
> - parent-child dependecies
> - performance improvements

> I appreciate any help
> Thank you very much.

> Bye
> Jorg

How to build and report on OLAP cubes with Seagate Crystal Info 7

Post by Jean-Luc Cler » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 23:34:50

Hi,

Seagate has a standard one-day course named "Seagate Info Cube Designer"
that covers what you want.

Regards.
JLC