D3 = add volume to d3

Post by Rodney P Frisar » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I installed d3 on c: and want to load some accounts on E:. I have been
through the entire manual and can't make heads or tails out of it. Anyone
has any suggestions.
Also, does indexing work like btree in ap??
help!!

D3 = add volume to d3

Post by BurslemW » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>I installed d3 on c: and want to load some accounts on E:. I have been
>through the entire manual and can't make heads or tails out of it. Anyone
>has any suggestions.
>Also, does indexing work like btree in ap??
>help!!

Use D3 File Manager to create a new database. Change the path to the E: drive
(be sure to use FORWARD slashes in the path). Create a 'qs' pointer in system
pointing to this new database. Then you can restore your account using the 'O'
option. See the NT technical document NTta4.pdf on the Pick website.

Jeff Burslem

1. D3 7.0 to D3 7.1 Incompatibility problem with c functions on D3/Linux

Hi

I am trying to port an application from D3/SCO 7.0 to D3/Linux 7.1 and am
running into problems when calling user defined C functions.

I have successfully run addbi and the Makefile and created the new D3
executable using the same C function library that is running with D3/SCO.

I can then load the filesave from the D3/SCO 7.1 server and the basic
programs calling the C functions run normally.

BUT, when I re-compile the basic programs (without making any changes) that
call the C functions, they no longer work and give a variety of errors
including core dumps.

It would seem that if the basic program is running the pcode created on
D3/SCO 7.0, all is OK, but running the pcode created on D3/Linux 7.1 it no
longer works.

Anybody got any clues what is going on.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Regards

Adam Easterbrook

2. help migrating from Alpha Micro

3. Direсеrtly sending E-mail From D3 (D3/NT ior D3/Linux)

4. SSL Connection

5. Volume Control using D3?

6. FoxPro for Unix and stdin

7. D3 AIX Restoring Logical Volumes

8. 6.4 compatibility with OI

9. D3.0 and D3.01

10. D3.Pdx D2-->D3 partial migration problem

11. Infolink - D3/Sco to D3/Linux

12. Calling d3 from perl where d3 is on another linux machine inside a firewall

13. D3/Linux - D3-to-Linux communication to print spooler