MEMO file is missing/invalid error

Post by Victor Shvetsky (Gard » Thu, 05 May 1994 11:39:08

I just spent the whole day getting my project to work when suddenly something
wnet wrong:  I get MEMO file is missing/invalid. Pleasem, would anyone
be kind enought o email me what is the problem?
YThanks
Victor

MEMO file is missing/invalid error

Post by Paul Russel » Thu, 26 May 1994 20:53:22

In message 4 May 1994 02:39:08 GMT,

Quote:> I just spent the whole day getting my project to work when suddenly
> something wnet wrong:  I get MEMO file is missing/invalid. Pleasem, would
> anyone be kind enought o email me what is the problem?

The Project file, like screen files, menu files, and report and label files,
are all databases that have memo files attached.  This makes it much easier
for FoxPro, and you as a developer, to work with them.

The problem with this is that if the memo file goes missing, the whole thing
is useless.

To re-create the memo file, you will have to re-create your project form
scratch or from backup.

/Paul
--
+--------------------------+----------------------------------------------+
| Paul Russell             | Phone:     (902) 481-3680                    |

| Dartmouth                | "Use technology because it's appropriate...  |
| Nova Scotia, Canada      |     not just because it's cool!"             |
| B3B 1W2                  |             - E. Davidson, Software Kinetics |
+--------------------------+----------------------------------------------+

1. First 4 bytes of memo file (fpt) Missing/invalid memo file

We are occassionally getting missing/invalid memo file errors on some
of our clients' machines.  After running a utility that we have, it
appears that in most cases the problem lies with the first four bytes
of the fpt being flip-flopped.  I have some understanding of how DOS
and the x86 work when storing numeric values and believe that someone
they or FOX are not flip-flopping the bytes correctly.  For example, in
one file, the first four bytes of the fpt should have been 00 00 0A 23
however, on a damaged file they are 23 0A 00 00

Our clients run FoxPro for DOS runtime version 2.6a and we compile using
FoxPro for DOS 2.6a.  This doesn't happen very often, and when it does
it's easily fixed.  However, I want to find out why it's happening.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Richard Poeling

Fax: U.S.A. 314-524-0670

2. Computer Consultants Wanted

3. Using FileMon to track MEMO File Missing/Invalid and File Access Denied errors

4. Accessing CORBA objects from other ORBs

5. "memo file invalid/missing" error

6. Update based on a Count aggregate

7. Memo file missing/invalid error Q?

8. Paradox 5 or 7 - Twain/Scanner acces