Open maximized Browse window - FPW 2.6

Post by Greg Salte » Tue, 20 Feb 1996 04:00:00

In my FPW 2.6 project, when I open by Browse window, it takes on the
same size as the window underneath it. This is a real problem for me,
because the window underneath is REALLY SMALL, just the size of a few
icons. I would prefer the Browse window to open to a specific size, or
even just maximized. Is there such a way? Thanks!

Post by Greg Salt » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

> In my FPW 2.6 project, when I open by Browse window, it takes on the
> same size as the window underneath it. This is a real problem for me,
> because the window underneath is REALLY SMALL, just the size of a few
> icons. I would prefer the Browse window to open to a specific size, or
> even just maximized. Is there such a way? Thanks!

Partially answering my own question, I just found the BROWSE NORMAL
command, which opens the Browse in a more normal-sized window.

But does anyone know how to open it maximized? I can't find anything in
either the online help or the written docs.

Post by Mark Ha » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>In my FPW 2.6 project, when I open by Browse window, it takes on the
>same size as the window underneath it. This is a real problem for me,
>because the window underneath is REALLY SMALL, just the size of a few
>icons. I would prefer the Browse window to open to a specific size, or
>even just maximized. Is there such a way? Thanks!

Hi,
BROWSE NORMAL will always give you a default browse window.

or

DEFINE WINDOW temp FROM 10,10 TO 20,20 CLOSE ZOOM GROW SYSTEM
ZOOM WINDOW temp MAX
BROWSE WINDOW temp    && this will give the maximized browse
RELEASE WINDOW temp    && clear up when done.

HopeItHelps

Fox Developer / Trainer
My Fox Page:  http://www.users.dircon.co.uk/~markh/fox.htm
Home of MenuLib.

1. Browse window & ON KEY problem (fpw 2.6)

I am trying to create a data entry screen to gather data for two table with a
parent child relationship (e.g. sales and sales_line tables).  I have a main
window which gathers the parent information (sales date, customer name etc).
I want to gather the sales_line information (product code, qty, price) in a
Browse window inside the main window.  However the program runs straight
through the code without waiting for input.  The following is a summary of the
code structure:

Main window : Mainwin
Browse window : brwin in mainwin

BROWSE WINDOW brwin NOWAIT

READ CYCLE WITH mainwin, brwin

When the Browse window is not placed inside the main window, the code works!
Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

ON KEY:
I am trying to create a general procedure to trap a key pressed during a
Browse session.  The ON KEY only seems to work while there are actual program
lines executing - if I use ON KEY LABEL, I have to define a procedure for
every key!  Anyone have any ideas of a workaround?
(What I am actually trying to do is to create a browse window that acts as a
list box!!! I hate having to use fixed fonts when creating a multi-column list
box).

Thanks for any feedback!

Nas.

2. what could I do for "DBPROCESS is dead or not enable"

3. Browse Window - FPW 2.6

4. SQL Server's ability to detect lost connections

5. checking the leaving/activating of a browse-window in FPW 2.6

6. Oracle export to ASCII file?

7. Browse Question -FPW 2.6

8. Serial Output from VFP

9. FPW 2.6 for Windows on OS/2 Windows Emulation Box

10. (fpw 2.6) Browse & noappend

11. fpw 2.6 - browse structure changed

12. FPW 2.6 Browse

13. Browse Question - FPW 2.6