PicLan Plt.exe on NT 4.0

Post by Delta Biological » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Does Plt.exe work in NT 4.0?

I am using PicLan version 2.0.0.17

It acts like it trying to connect and it has exceeded the max
connections allowed.

After the program Plt.exe launches it hangs on the screen where the
screen says "Connecting..." and then it times out after about 20 seconds
and then shuts down.

I have tried both winsock versions.

Pltw.exe works just fine, is there some special settings I need to set
to make this work?

Thanks for any help.
=====================================
Please send responses to:
Herb Huggins

PicLan Plt.exe on NT 4.0

Post by Doing I.T » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

PLT uses 16 bit network drivers - I have PLT working on some Win95 systems,
but there are the odd few that just won't connect. I have just upgraded most
clients to 2.0.0.17 and use pltw32 on all systems with 32bit drivers. Its
the best reliable setting for piclan on Win95 & Win98 and I would guess
WinNT4.

Hope this helps

Adam