1. picture import in db (from scanner and digital camera)
Hello and thank you for reading my posting!
I am really glad for each assistance concerning my problem. The
situation is the following: We created a stock management for a
customer (Oracle forms 6i). The customer can define the search criteria
over a mask and receives then all specification to the product
(availability, stock, special features, etc.). Now these information is
to be completed by a picture of the product (picture import by digital
camera or scanner). For the moment we implemented a solution using
We are testing on a Windows 2000 Machine (digital camera: DC5000 from
Kodak, scanner: HP 6530). During the tests we had the following
- If both USB devices were attached, only one or none could be used
(bug in Windows 2000?)
- After clicking on the picture acquire button one must click through
different configuration screens of the Kodak software, until one can
shoot the picture
- The transfer of the picture requires (despite USB) a very long time
- By importing the picture into the Oracle application we encountered a
noticeable degradation of the picture quality (display format JIFF,
Is there someone, who successfully solved the same (or a similar)
situation? If yes, how? With TWAIN or without? Which hardware is used?
We should present a working solution within the next days...thus:
please, please, help us, if you can! THANKS!
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
2. KMWorld, INFORMATIONWEEK report on eliminating 6M printing pages/mo.
3. Interfacing VFP with a digital camera
4. Shared memory connections
5. Pictures to be imported directly from a camera into FileMaker
7. BECOME A VULCANO DEBUGGER AND WIN A SONY DIGITAL CAMERA
8. Returning > 4k from a pl/sql function
9. WIN A SONY DIGITAL CAMERA
10. Digital Camera Download Solution Required
11. TWAIN &/Or Digital Camera's
12. VB with digital camera/ 3D etc - How?
13. Digital Camera and Scanner component for Delphi 3