viewing a table in pdox4.0 according to secondary index

viewing a table in pdox4.0 according to secondary index

Post by shailesh.bho » Wed, 13 Oct 1993 01:29:09

Hi:

I had asked for help earlier but since nobody responded, I am
posting this again. I have an application written in PAL 4.0.

I want to view records in a table by the secondary index. I have
tried using the "LOCATE INDEXORDER" command. It finds the first
record correctly but thereafter doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas why? Is this a bug in 4.0 that got fixed in 4.02?

Thanks.

                                        shailesh bhobe
                                        (708) 979-7101

1. Pdox4.5 Secondary indexes

While viewing a table with many fields, each time a Alt+S (OrderTable)
is performed on a different field of that table, a secondary index for
that field is created resulting in a .X? and .Y? being created. Is
there a way to make these indexes "temporary" ie just effective for
the viewing period so that these indexes need not be maintained after
the viewing?

Thanks, take care.
--
Sunil Pillai

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

2. US-NJ: Hopewell-Oracle Forms Tech Writer

3. Table View - Selecting Secondary Index ?

4. Technical Job Listings in the Dallas-Fort Worth area

5. viewing a table in secondary index order

6. Bad results on QRY w/Subselects and a JOIN (MSSQL 6.5)

7. Sorting the view via secondary index

8. FTPing To and From a Macintosh Server

9. Secondary Indices on PDOX tables w/SQL

10. paradox7 tables-creating secondary index without primary

11. Cannot access secondary indexes in Delphi Paradox table

12. Help! Sorting Detail Table by secondary Index

13. creating secondary index in paradox table at runtime??