Suggest a good reference book for VFP

Post by Alan P » Mon, 30 Oct 1995 03:00:00

The user manual of VFP from Microsoft is very poor :-(. Can anyone
suggest a good reference book. I had read a suggestion from
News Group but I had forgotten. Thanks a lot.

Post by Charles Burnett Whi » Fri, 03 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: The user manual of VFP from Microsoft is very poor :-(. Can anyone
: suggest a good reference book. I had read a suggestion from
: News Group but I had forgotten. Thanks a lot.

I don't know if it qualifies as a reference book, but try "Programming
Visual Foxpro 3.0" by Whil Hentzen.  It's published by Ziff-Davis Press
(ISBN 1-56276-325-3).  It certainly is a good book to help you get
started with VFP...

Chuck White
District Court of Guam

1. Suggest a good reference for VFP

IMHO, I beg to differ. I have a lot of xBase experience (Clipper), but no
FoxPro experience. I think Hentzen's book would be a good starting point for
someone with zero programming experience who wants to start understanding what
a relational database is. I think it's much too slow and elementary for those
with xBase programming experience.

Dennis

2. production java/postgresql

3. anyone suggest a good sql book?

4. TimeStamp won't work for me!

5. Can someone suggest me a good beginner book?

6. 17958-MA-North Mass-ORACLE-DBA Skills-Patrol Agents-BMC Patrol Agents-ORACLE DBA

7. Can anyone suggest a good book on advanced sql server programming

8. SQL script

9. Suggest a good book about object relational features?

10. Please, suggest a good book!

11. Can someone suggest any good learning books?

12. Can anyone suggest any good books on Ingres

13. VFP reference books