What files are loaded during a D3 7.2 Client Installation

What files are loaded during a D3 7.2 Client Installation

Post by MIMS I » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:12:19

Can anyone provide a list of files that are loaded as the result of installing
the "standard" D3 7.2 Client?  We are looking to create a turn-key installation
program for a VB application.  What files would be required and what if any are
their dependencies?  TIA.

Todd

What files are loaded during a D3 7.2 Client Installation

Post by MIMS I » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:29:31

Sorry, I forgot to mention that we use the D3OLESrv.dll and RPC class library
and VB6.

Todd

Post by Kevin Powi » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:59:27

>Can anyone provide a list of files that are loaded as the result of installing
>the "standard" D3 7.2 Client?  We are looking to create a turn-key installation
>program for a VB application.  What files would be required and what if any are
>their dependencies?  TIA.

>Todd

We've haven't done this under 7.2, but under earlier releases, the
only files required/registered on the client computer for your VB
application to work were:

D3OleSrv.dll
D3OLECtl.ocx
D3Fsi.dll

You also needed to create a registry entry on the client for the
MdsServerName.

The key is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PickSystems\D3\CurrentVersion\D3fsi

The String Value is MdsServerName=IP or Network name of MDS server

Since 7.2 was only recently released, I don't know how much these
things have changed, but I didn't see anything outstanding when I
glanced at the "Enhancements and Resolutions" document for 7.2.

Kevin Powick
kpowick[at]on[dot]aibn[dot]com

What files are loaded during a D3 7.2 Client Installation

Post by MIMS I » Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:02:19

Thanks, Kevin.  These are the files and registry item that we have used in the
past as well.  Our latest install program for 7.2 doesn't seem to load the D3
client correctly though.   we will have to make sure that all the proper
versions are being included in our distribution.

Todd

1. d3 7.2 / RedHat 7.1 installation problem

I'm trying to install d3 7.2 on RH 7.1 (clean, only with all
recommended updates from RH).

sh-2.04# /tmp/d3tmp/D3_setup
The following installation files will be used:
abs:        D3_abs-lx-7.2.7-.Z
datafiles:  D3_datafiles-lx-7.2.7-.Z
flash:      D3_flash-lx-7.2.5-.Z
install:    D3_install-lx-7.2.0-.Z
monitor:    D3_monitor-lx-7.2.4-.Z
sql:        D3_sql-lx-7.2.4-.Z

Welcome to the D3 installation procedure. You have successfully
installed the distribution files.

The distribution files are used to build the D3 environment on your
UNIX machine. When the installation process completes successfully, it
can delete the distribution files, or leave them on the local hard
disk so you can install D3 onto other UNIX machines on your Local Area
Network without re-installing the media.

Do you want to delete the distribution files when the installation
routine is finished with them? n

When the install completes, the distribution files will
NOT be deleted.

After this procedure, you must run the d3 command to complete the
installation as described in the installation manual.

Do you want to continue the installation? y

ide-floppy driver 0.97.sv
hdc: ATAPI 50X CD-ROM DVD-RAM drive, 128kB Cache, (U)DMA
/tmp/d3tmp/D3_setup: line 355:  1615 Segmentation fault
./instal_pick $LIBDIR
sh-2.04#

Any ideas?

2. VB 6 and MS Access Problem

3. D3 7.2 ODBC client

4. UTL_FILE ownership in UNIX

5. Redhat 7.2 and D3/Linux 7.2

6. Members in Role SQL-DMO

7. D3 Linux 7.2, AccuTerm, Dos files.

8. Job: Unique GIS/Informix Project Management opportunity

9. D3 7.1 vs D3 7.2

10. D3 Proplus 7.2 tape read of D3 SCO 7.1

11. Smart Client SQLNET with 7.1 and 7.2 support files

12. Problem with Java during instalation 8.1.7 under Linux Mandrake 7.2

13. Stored Procs in Oracle 7.2 and D3