database machines

Post by ALiZA. » Wed, 14 May 2003 18:47:32

hi! im doing my thesis on Database Machines and i just cant find
relivent stuff about it, its architecture and its working. plz someone

Anyone out there plz help i really need the info asap!!!! thankz
Regards
ALiZA ABiD

database machines

Post by rang » Thu, 15 May 2003 01:22:26

> hi! im doing my thesis on Database Machines and i just cant find
> relivent stuff about it, its architecture and its working. plz someone

> Anyone out there plz help i really need the info asap!!!! thankz
> Regards
> ALiZA ABiD

aliza you must be lost, how did you get here ?

databases are not machines although they can be stored over many machines/disks
they're more like files for storing data

databases are made up of lists/tables about something
that have some relationship/connection between them

you might wanna look into the entity-relationship model
which is the basic idea for all databases
http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CC/354/zaiane/material/notes/Chapter2/node1.html

good luck with your homework :)

1. Cient Machine, Web Server or Database Machine Takes the Workload

Dear All,

Happy New Year!!

I have a client machine running an asp which request a result set from a
remote database machine via the Web server, I would like to know which
machine's CPU and RAM takes the query workload.

Client machine sends http message to web server for result set -> Web Server
sends the SQL command written in the asp script to the remote database
machine -> remote database machine runs the query for the result set using
its ram and CPU; is it like that?

The reason for this question is I want to know which machine's CPU or RAM
should be upgraded in order to get a higher query performance.

Thanks
Tim

2. profiler setup for data access

3. Lean, Mean, Database Machine

4. HELP!!! Can't Create Databases for Sql7

5. Oracle 7 ODBC: Access 2000 database machine porting problem

6. stringgrid

7. Parallel Shared-Memory Database Machines

8. Insert Problem

9. papers on Database Machine performance

10. Database Machines

11. WANTED: Info about Database machines and accelerators

12. Database machines - prospects, mgt, etc

13. database machines?