Unencrypted password and username in ODBC-Connection-String

Unencrypted password and username in ODBC-Connection-String

Post by Hans-Jürgen Beli » Tue, 21 May 2002 01:30:55

Hi,

has anybody a solution how to solve the problem that via ODBC
connection string password and username can be obtained unencryptedly?

I have an idea of encrypting my database by programcode with visual
foxpro. But it is too slow. So I try to use assembler-code. But Visual
Foxpro seems to have no more ability to run machinecode. Does calling
through DLL to Visual C++ using inline assembler bring speed
advantage?

Please, if you ever handled the ODBC connection string problem let me
know how. I am using MySQL Database Server under LINUX (SuSE).

Thanks,

Hans

1. Trusted connections over network with matched username and password

Folks,

Please can someone tell me under what circumstances trusted connections work
over a network when the machines have matched usernames and passwords (i.e.
they are not in the same domain).

I want to have a trusted connection from an app server to a SQL cluster.
The cluster has to be in a domain, the app servers aren't in any domain.

I have tried setting up users in the SQL domain, or local to the SQL
servers, then using runas to test a UDL from a client, but continually get
the standard lack of a trusted connection message.
This all has to work over the TCP network library.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

J.T.
--
James Talbut, MCSD, MCDBA. Head of Technology
CAST Systems Limited, 2 Pembroke Avenue, Waterbeach, Cambridge, CB5 9QR

2. Help! How do I fix this? "Login Fails"

3. Trusted Connection Vs Standard Security (Username / Password)

4. Which develpment tool?

5. Pass in NT Username and Password for connection

6. it's killing me for 2 weeks already ....

7. Passing Username and Password on connection to MSSQL...

8. Username and Password in ADO Connection

9. Secure Way of Getting Username/Password for Database Connection

10. Unencrypt password

11. ODBC default username-password