recordset -- XML

Post by Jacky L » Thu, 23 May 2002 23:30:52

I'm trying to do this: one component opens recordset from database, then
insert or update some rows. After it finish process,  save recordset to XML
and send it to the second component.
The second component will load recordset from component and verify all rows
which are changed from 1st componet, populate all the fileds which is
mandatory in database, to avoid fail when update recordset. Then set
connection to this recordset and call UpdateBatch to update.
The problem is when 2nd component load, some fields supposed be null will
have some unexpected value like 0, -1, for timestamp, even will give me an
error.(I found for those attributes whoch are not allow to be null, when
recordset open from XML, it will have some value or error, instead of null
or empty).

How can I get the excat same recordset as 1st component saved? Or no way I
can do that?

Thanks,
Jacky Lu