ESSBASE Outline Editor

Post by d.. » Thu, 30 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Greetings.

When I try to copy a large section of the outline,  I get an error
message.
"....unable to copy to clipboard..."

I have tried this copy on a machine with 64megs of ram and one with
192megs of ram.  Both seem to have the same limit in size that it can
copy.

My guess is that the Outline editor does not handle memory the same
way as say Excel.  Is there some setting that can be changed to let me
copy larger sections of the outline?

thanks

Windows NT sr 4?
P 266
Essbase 5.02 patch 7

ESSBASE Outline Editor

Post by zampa.. » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I do have the same problems and dont know of any settings.

It seems that it has to do with suboptimal use of the clipboard by the
application manager. Sure it has nothing to do with the RAM your
machine has.

Kind regards,

Harry

> Greetings.

> When I try to copy a large section of the outline,  I get an error
> message.
> "....unable to copy to clipboard..."

> I have tried this copy on a machine with 64megs of ram and one with
> 192megs of ram.  Both seem to have the same limit in size that it can
> copy.

> My guess is that the Outline editor does not handle memory the same
> way as say Excel.  Is there some setting that can be changed to let me
> copy larger sections of the outline?

> thanks

> Windows NT sr 4?
> P 266
> Essbase 5.02 patch 7

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

ESSBASE Outline Editor

Post by Shah » Sun, 03 Oct 1999 04:00:00

you are limited to only 64k clipboard size. when copying from a 16bit
pp( hence Essbase outline editor). You have to do this in various pieces.

>Greetings.

>When I try to copy a large section of the outline,  I get an error
>message.
>"....unable to copy to clipboard..."

>I have tried this copy on a machine with 64megs of ram and one with
>192megs of ram.  Both seem to have the same limit in size that it can
>copy.

>My guess is that the Outline editor does not handle memory the same
>way as say Excel.  Is there some setting that can be changed to let me
>copy larger sections of the outline?

>thanks

>Windows NT sr 4?
>P 266
>Essbase 5.02 patch 7

ESSBASE Outline Editor

Post by Tey Brad » Mon, 04 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Any idea why it is only 64K?

> you are limited to only 64k clipboard size. when copying from a 16bit
> pp( hence Essbase outline editor). You have to do this in various pieces.

> >Greetings.

> >When I try to copy a large section of the outline,  I get an error
> >message.
> >"....unable to copy to clipboard..."

> >I have tried this copy on a machine with 64megs of ram and one with
> >192megs of ram.  Both seem to have the same limit in size that it can
> >copy.

> >My guess is that the Outline editor does not handle memory the same
> >way as say Excel.  Is there some setting that can be changed to let me
> >copy larger sections of the outline?

> >thanks

> >Windows NT sr 4?
> >P 266
> >Essbase 5.02 patch 7

1. Hyperion Essbase Outline editor Copy

I posted a previous message about this....

Someone replied that since Essbase Outline Editor ( 5.0.2 ? ) was a
16bit application, it could only copy 64k to the clipboard.
I easily execed that when I try to copy a section of our outline.

It appears that 64k is the limit....When I save what I CAN copy to
clipboard viewer, the "page" is never larger than 64k.

The error I get when I try to copy too much :
"Not enough memory to copy to clipboard"

My machine has 64megs of ram, and it can only copy up to 64k.
Another machine has 192megs of ram, and it bombs out at 64k.

Does Hyperion have plans to improve this?

thanks

2. Q: How do you do it in SQL ?

3. Essbase : Internet based remote calculations or outline updating with Essbase

4. Btrieve error 96

5. SQL server versus Essbase : buiding outline members

6. Does Oracle Have US State Built In?

7. Q RE: Essbase Outline "Batch" Build

8. Checking EBF Version of Open Client Installation

9. essbase outline api

10. Optimizing Outline Restructures using Essbase 5.01

11. Essbase 'C' Outline API problem

12. Essbase Outline Design