Faculty Position Available

Post by Ken Bark » Thu, 16 Jun 1994 04:56:20

The following is an announcment of two faculty positions available in our
department.  Please feel free to circulate as widely as possible.

                    Department of Computer Science

                        UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA

                     Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Applications are invited for one full-time tenure-track position and
one two year term position,subject to budgetary approval, at the
Assistant Professor level, commencing July 1, 1994, or as soon as
possible thereafter. Minimum qualifications are a PhD in Computer
Science or allied discipline, some teaching experience and evidence of
a strong research commitment. Applicants are principally sought in the
area of databases, though excellent candidates in other areas may be
considered.

The Department currently has 23 full time tenure track faculty members
and a number of term appointments, and offers a full range of both
undergraduate and graduate programmes, including cooperative
programmes.  We currently have 40 MasterUs and 12 PhD students.

The Department is a well-established one which has recently been in an
expansionary phase. Both the undergraduate and graduate curricula have
been extensively revised and extended. The Department provides good
technical support for both teaching and research.  Current and planned
departmental facilities include numerous Unix-based RISC workstations,
Micro VAXes, X-Windows terminals, a parallel machine, and many
personal machines, all connected via Ethernet. The department has well
equipped UNIX and Object-Oriented teaching labs. The university
Computer Centre provides virtually unlimited access to Unix based
workstations, and other personal and mainframe computing facilities,
as well as Internet connections. This is an excellent opportunity for
good researchers and teachers to get in on the ground floor of an
exciting department.

Winnipeg has a great deal to offer, both culturally and
recreationally, with a number of professional and other ethnic arts
groups, professional sports teams, and many opportunities nearby for
all types of outdoor activities in all seasons.  The Winnipeg housing
market is one of the most favourable in Canada to the home buyer.

The University of Manitoba encourages applications from qualified
women and men, including members of visible minorities, aboriginal
people, and persons with disabilities. The University has a smoke free
work environment save for specially designated areas. In accordance
with Canadian immigration requirements, this adverti*t is directed
to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae and the names of three
referees to the address below. Applications will be reviewed beginning
July 15.

        Chair of Search Committee
        Department of Computer Science
        University of Manitoba
        Winnipeg, Manitoba
        Canada R3T 2N2

        telephone:      (204) 474-8313
        fax:    (204) 269-9178

| Ken Barker                       |  Office Phone :  (204) 474-8832         |
| Assistant Professor              |  Messages     :  (204) 474-8313         |
| Department of Computer Science   |  FAX          :  (204) 269-9178         |

1. Visiting faculty positions available

Federal University of Santa Maria, Brazil
Electronics and Computing Department

Visiting faculty positions available.

The Electronics and Computing Department invites applications for two
full-time visiting faculty positions starting March, 2000. Requirements
for the position include a Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field,
strong commitment to graduate teaching and good communication skills.
Portuguese speaking is a plus, but not required if the candidate speaks
english.

The successful candidate will be expected to participate in one of our
research groups (parallel processing or information systems) in which
graduates and undergraduates will participate. Responsabilities will be
equally divided into research and teaching.

The department has 14 full-time faculty and approximately 200 majors in
Computer Science, and the graduate program has started recently. The
department is supported by Unix servers, microcomputer research labs and
a computer science lab with a variety of software and hardware. The
department maintains inside the campus a successful internship program
for its majors.

Federal University of Santa Maria (UFSM) has 10,917 full-time
undergraduates and 1,167 graduates, and is located in the center of the
southmost state of Brazil. There are many cultural, professional and
recreational opportunities in the area.

To apply, send a curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, a
statement of teaching and research interests, and any relevant
supporting materials to:
      Prof. Marcelo Pasin
      Coordenador do Curso de Informtica
      UFSM Campus
      97105-900 Santa Maria RS.

Informal inquiries can be answered by electronic mail, by contacting
pasin (at-sign) inf (dot) ufsm (dot) br.

Applications will be reviewed until the positions are filled.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Truncate transaction log

3. Faculty Positions Available

4. job output files attach to mail?

5. Faculty positions available at University of Chile

6. System 10 Upgrade Problem

7. Faculty position available

8. Oracle 8i DBA CBT Reviewer Needed ASAP

9. Visiting Faculty Positions Available

10. Faculty Position Available

11. NC, Faculty Position in Bioinformatics

12. Rutgers Faculty of Management Position

13. Faculty Positions: Boston University Computer Science