ASP with ADO Error ASP 0115

Post by Larry Neylo » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 22:15:28

Hi,

I have an ASP application running that uses ADO to access an DB2/400
database.

The problem I am having is that when the script runs the .seek method on a
recordset I get the error :
--------------------------------
error 'ASP 0115'
Unexpected error

/CFListTypes.asp

A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
running.

Once I receive this error once all asp using the ADO objects on the server
then bring up the same error (where they were working before) until I
restart the IIS services.

I have run a VB app with the equavalent code in it to test the access to the
AS/400 using these methods and that works fine.

I've looked on the AS/400 and can see the job start, but it just ends with
no error codes, joblogs, etc.

My questions are:

Why should one error cause all ADO access to stop working ?

How can I get some more information about what might be going wrong ?

I am using IIS on NT4.0 SP6 machine with ADO MDAC 2.5 SP2 (2.52.6019.2) on
the server with the AS/400 OLE DB provider that comes with Client Access/400
v5r1.

Code in error:

'Create connection objects

Set objCnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

Set objErr = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Error")

Set objRst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

'Connect to the AS/400

strAS400Name = Trim(Request.QueryString("AS400Name"))

strConnect = "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=" & strAS400Name

objCnn.Open strConnect, "WEBUSER01", "XXXXXXX"

'Open index on recordset for control file

strLibrary = Request.QueryString("Library")

strElementType = Request.QueryString("ElementType")

strElementKey = Request.QueryString("ElementKey")

strConnectFile = "/QSYS.LIB/" & strLibrary & ".LIB/CNTLP.FILE(*FIRST,
*NONE)"

objRst.CursorLocation = adUseServer

objRst.Index = strConnectFile

objRst.Open strConnectFile, objCnn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic,
adCmdTableDirect

'Get row

varKeys = Array(strElementType, strElementKey)

objRst.Seek varKeys, adSeekFirstEQ *********** LINE CAUSING ERROR
******************

Many thanks,

Larry.

ASP with ADO Error ASP 0115

Quote:> Hi,

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2171

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows.netserver/community/centers/iis/

ASP with ADO Error ASP 0115

Post by Aaron Bertrand [MVP » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:25:40

Quote:> objRst.Seek varKeys, adSeekFirstEQ *********** LINE CAUSING ERROR

Ugh, why not use a WHERE clause and avoid all this extra overhead of just
about every unnecessary ADODB.* object that exists?

(asp.components dropped from followups)

--
Aaron Bertrand, SQL Server MVP
http://www.aspfaq.com/

Please reply in the newsgroups, but if you absolutely
must reply via e-mail, please take out the TRASH.

ASP with ADO Error ASP 0115

Post by Larry Neylo » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:06:29

If I wasn't using the AS/400 then I would, but I want to use the AS/400
record level locking and unfortunately using the separate index of the
recordset is required for this (unless anyone knows better on the AS/400).

Also using existing the seek method on an existing AS/400 index is the
fastest way of accessing a record according to IBM.

Larry.

Quote:> > objRst.Seek varKeys, adSeekFirstEQ *********** LINE CAUSING ERROR

> Ugh, why not use a WHERE clause and avoid all this extra overhead of just
> about every unnecessary ADODB.* object that exists?

> (asp.components dropped from followups)

> --
> Aaron Bertrand, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.aspfaq.com/

> Please reply in the newsgroups, but if you absolutely
> must reply via e-mail, please take out the TRASH.

ASP with ADO Error ASP 0115

Post by Larry Neylo » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 18:10:09

Applying MDAC 2.7 and the service pack for the Client Access/400 data
provider has fixed this.

Thanks for the feedback.

Larry.

Quote:> Hi,

> I have an ASP application running that uses ADO to access an DB2/400
> database.

> The problem I am having is that when the script runs the .seek method on a
> recordset I get the error :
> --------------------------------
> error 'ASP 0115'
> Unexpected error

> /CFListTypes.asp

> A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot
continue
> running.

> Once I receive this error once all asp using the ADO objects on the server
> then bring up the same error (where they were working before) until I
> restart the IIS services.

> I have run a VB app with the equavalent code in it to test the access to
the
> AS/400 using these methods and that works fine.

> I've looked on the AS/400 and can see the job start, but it just ends with
> no error codes, joblogs, etc.

> My questions are:

> Why should one error cause all ADO access to stop working ?

> How can I get some more information about what might be going wrong ?

> I am using IIS on NT4.0 SP6 machine with ADO MDAC 2.5 SP2 (2.52.6019.2) on
> the server with the AS/400 OLE DB provider that comes with Client
Access/400
> v5r1.

> Code in error:

> 'Create connection objects

> Set objCnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

> Set objErr = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Error")

> Set objRst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

> 'Connect to the AS/400

> strAS400Name = Trim(Request.QueryString("AS400Name"))

> strConnect = "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=" & strAS400Name

> objCnn.Open strConnect, "WEBUSER01", "XXXXXXX"

> 'Open index on recordset for control file

> strLibrary = Request.QueryString("Library")

> strElementType = Request.QueryString("ElementType")

> strElementKey = Request.QueryString("ElementKey")

> strConnectFile = "/QSYS.LIB/" & strLibrary & ".LIB/CNTLP.FILE(*FIRST,
> *NONE)"

> objRst.CursorLocation = adUseServer

> objRst.Index = strConnectFile

> objRst.Open strConnectFile, objCnn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic,
> adCmdTableDirect

> 'Get row

> varKeys = Array(strElementType, strElementKey)

> objRst.Seek varKeys, adSeekFirstEQ *********** LINE CAUSING ERROR
> ******************

> Many thanks,

> Larry.

1. asp error 0115 - I can't connect using oo4o

From my Windows 98 development machine running Personal Web Server and
OraClient 8.0.4, I connect fine using oo4o to an Oracle database. But when I
run the same ASP's via the net against the same database, the login page
fails with the message:
    Server object error 'ASP 0115 : 8000ffff'

It points to the following line of code:

    Set OraSession = Server.CreateObject("OracleInProcServer.XOraSession")

The web server is running NT 4, IIS v4 SP5, MDAC 2.1, Oracle 8.0.5. When a
vbs file containing the same code is executed on the server, it works. It
appears to have the object in question registered and a valid path. We think
the server is wide open when it comes to security.

I had previously used ADO to connect to this same database via the web and
had no problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

2. postgres

3. Help: ASP 0115 error

4. Closing DOS Window from VB

5. error 'ASP 0115'

6. Network Backup on SQL 7.0 DATABASES

7. 'asp 0115' / SQL Server

8. Error "Not a Database File"

9. ASP 0115 Unexpected Error - A trappable error ocurred in an external object.

10. ASP+ODBC+Oracle+ADO: Error 80004005 - Unspecified error

11. ASP ADO Error - ODBC Connection Failed - Using SQL Server Linked Tables In Access

12. Offline cube from ASP page, with an ADO error

13. ADO/ASP/SQL Transaction error