Access ODBC driver non ODBC compliant?

Post by Chris Parson » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 05:23:27

ODBC 1.0 compliance requires specific functionality on the
part of the ODBC driver.  It seems that newer versions of
the MS-Access ODBC driver do not support some of
the "required" API functions.  I believe the change occurs
in MDAC 2.5 or 2.7.

My current issue is that calling SQLPrimaryKeys against an
Access data source results in error "IM001:Driver does not
support this function".  I'm pretty sure this used to
work.  What happend?  How are we supposed to get this
information via ODBC?

Thanks.  All help appreciated,

-Chris.

Access ODBC driver non ODBC compliant?

Post by Steven Bras [M » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 08:46:39

I have analyzed the most current version of the Access ODBC driver
(odbcjt32.dll) and find that you are indeed correct; it does not support
the Level 1 function SQLPrimaryKeys().

Bear in mind that conformance to particular functions within ODBC levels is
not a requirement, and this driver does not support other Level 1 and 2
functions. Further, we don't warrant our driver as conformant to either
level 1 or 2.

I regret the inconvenience this is causing you.

Steven Bras, MCSD
Microsoft Developer Support/Visual Basic WebData

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. any free JDBC_ODBC bridge driver tat support applet access to ODBC 3.x compliant database

I am using MS Access 97 as my database. It is just a simple local client
database.
Does anyone know of any free JDBC_ODBC bridge driver that support both java
application
and java applet access to ODBC 3.x compliant database ? If yes, does anyone
have
information on the name of the bridge driver class and the url format.

2. pgsql/src/interfaces/odbc pgtypes.c convert.c

3. Intersolve ODBC drivers, Y2K compliant y/n

4. Help...Changing the Fill Factor in 6.5

5. ODBC 3.0 compliant Driver for Oracle

6. Server with THE BEST HARDWARE

7. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

8. Applications Server 4 & File Upload

9. ODBC : How to access Oracle 7.1 data from Excel with ODBC driver

10. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.