query problem

Post by David Dickaso » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 08:24:22

Hi,

I have a VB6 application that accesses a very large SQL Server 7.0
table. The VB app is using ADO to connect to the data source and then
returning the results to populate an array.  Some queries return all
zeros when data exists in the SQL Server table with one caveat:  the
query returns data when it is run on a faster (vs. slower machine) or
the query itself is shorter.  I assume it is some timing issue but I
don't seem to be getting any error messages, sometimes just a table with
all zeros.  Any help would be appeciated.

1. Converting Access query to SQL 2K Query Problems

I have the following query stored in an Access database:

"SELECT DISTINCTROW Task.TaskName, Last(ToDo.ToDoHours) AS
LastOfToDoHours
FROM (Task INNER JOIN SubTask ON Task.TaskId =
SubTask.SubTaskParentId) INNER JOIN ToDo ON SubTask.SubTaskId =
ToDo.ToDoParentId
GROUP BY Task.TaskName;"

I am having real problems recreating this in SQL because it does not
recognize the 'LAST' keyword.

Can anyone help me out of this confusion?

Many thanks

Colin

2. dbase to Delphi

3. Local sql, query on query problem

4. Performance - more LOG FILES

5. SQL2000:query problems on query analyzer

6. What does 'infected with 11' mean?

7. Pervasive SQL Queries (Query problems)

8. Fwd: Re: unicode in 7.1

9. Login problems & distinct query problems

10. Query problem and time problem

11. Query problem

12. Query problems

13. Access Query problem