DX a file in D3/NT

Post by sh » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know how to DX an fsi: file in D3/NT so it doesn't get saved in
an accoun-save. When I manually change the D to a DX and file it away, it
still remains a D-pointer (even when I edit it using a (d) option?

sh

DX a file in D3/NT

Post by Nick » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I found no DX capability either, however if you just delete the pointer
from mds, i.e. the QS thing and then do your file-save that account will
not be found and the file-save will work...

next time you do a shutdown and reboot of the VME however, it comes back
and you must delete it again before the next file-save...

DX a file in D3/NT

Post by BurslemW » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

writes:

Quote:>Does anyone know how to DX an fsi: file in D3/NT so it doesn't get saved in
>an accoun-save. When I manually change the D to a DX and file it away, it
>still remains a D-pointer (even when I edit it using a (d) option?

According to the D3 NT 7.1.1 Read Me First manual, DX and DY files are not
supported in the FSI.

Jeff Burslem

1. D3 NT How to get D3 to see files in the fsi

I have a client who wants to read archive data using D3.  The same data is
to be viewed from more than one stand alone PC.  I have got the system
working on one PC and am trying to transfer it to another.  The account is
called CT-LIVE, is in the fsi and of about 550mb of data.  I have done the
following:-
1) Saved the folder C:/program file/d3/d3databases/ct-live to tape.
(Colorado Back-up)
2) Installed D3 on the second machine.
3) In account dm CREATE-ACCOUNT fsi:CT-LIVE
4) UPDATE-MD CT-LIVE
5) Restored the folder saved in 1)  - when it asked did I want to overwrite
the three D3 files created by 3) I said I did?
6) Logon to CT-LIVE but the copied data files where not there?
7) Could anyone please advise me if the process I am attempting is possible
and if so what am I doing wrong?

thanks

Chris Potts

2. Multilanguage support

3. Writing to an NT file from D3/NT

4. 0 in TRxDBGrid

5. D3/NT Selective File Restore from NT Style Backup

6. How to read/write audio/video from/to database??

7. Direсеrtly sending E-mail From D3 (D3/NT ior D3/Linux)

8. Access 97 on SQL 7.0 -> Replication of SQL 7.0 Tables

9. Please help: d3 NT file-of-files not getting updated

10. DX ing a file in Mentor OS

11. Weird Dx'ed file

12. File Resizing on D3/NT

13. Sub can't open DOS file if called by CallX on D3/NT