ADO 2.5 (MDAC 2.5) WHERE is it???

Post by Brad Wyat » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know where I can get a version of MDAC (specifically ADO 2.5)
That works with Windows 98.
I've compiled a program on my Windows 2000 Professional machine (beta 3),
and now that Access97/VB program won't work on my Windows 98 clients.
I believe the conflict is in msado15.dll.
It's an inhouse app, but I'm looking very foolish at the moment...

Thanks,

Brad Wyatt

ADO 2.5 (MDAC 2.5) WHERE is it???

Post by Mike Griffi » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I sure would like to know too!!  Where is it?  We've written code that
depends on it.

ADO 2.5 (MDAC 2.5) WHERE is it???

It was released.  www.microsoft.com/data

mdac 2.5 is at:   www.microsoft.com/data

> Does anyone know where I can get a version of MDAC (specifically ADO 2.5)
> That works with Windows 98.
> I've compiled a program on my Windows 2000 Professional machine (beta 3),
> and now that Access97/VB program won't work on my Windows 98 clients.
> I believe the conflict is in msado15.dll.
> It's an inhouse app, but I'm looking very foolish at the moment...

> Thanks,

> Brad Wyatt

1. Where is MDAC 2.5 SDK (ADO 2.5)

Does anyone know where to download MDAC SDK 2.5.  I am in particular looking
for ADO 2.5 for a database application I am building.  I have checked for
hours at the Microsoft and MSDN sights.  The closest thing I can find is the
PSDK which sets up different SDKs from Microsoft.  I could not locate MDAC
within this PSDK.  I am using Windows 98 2nd edition.

Thank you.

2. Multiple fields into one

3. ADO 2.5 bugs(?) and ADOX 2.5

4. About arrays in plpgsql.

5. ADO with MDAC 2.5 and Jet Dependency?

6. Problem with quoted identifier

7. Installing MDAC 2.5 gives Refresh error on ADO control

8. Delphi - ISAPI - Database... Connection problems!

9. ADO Data Control and MDAC 2.5 Problem

10. ADO Data Control with MDAC 2.5

11. Lost dependancies for ADO files when installed MDAC 2.5

12. MDAC 2.5 breaks ADO?

13. ADO with MDAC 2.5 and Jet Dependency?