SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR

SYSTEM DSN DOES NOT SHOW UP IN ODBC ADMINISTRATOR

Post by Ian Low » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 05:52:31

Hi,
I am experiencing a problem that I do not understand.

When I run ODBC Administrator, the System DSNs do not display. In fact, they
do not display anywhere in ODBC Administrator. If I try to recreate one of
these DSNs, I am told that the DSN already exists and do I want to replace
it or cancel. The DSNs are in the registry under ODBC. The operating system
is Windows NT 4.0 sp6, the MDAC is 2.5 sp2, there is Office 97 sp2, Visual
Studio 6 sp4.

I have tried to remove and reinstall MDAC using CC but still no succcess.

Any ideas of what may display the System DSNs in ODBC Administrator?

Regards,
IAN LOWE