micro brewery tour

Post by jim w stephe » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 15:43:01

Good to see all at the get together at the Marriott.  Thanks to
Garrett for the organization, and thanks to Jbase for the hospitality.

Jim

P.S. The rest are still at the bar, I snuck out early.

url  ftp://www.std.com/pub/jws/jws.html

micro brewery tour

Post by Rich Ahre » Fri, 31 Mar 1995 14:12:24

: Good to see all at the get together at the Marriott.  Thanks to
: Garrett for the organization, and thanks to Jbase for the hospitality.

I'm bummed. I had hoped to meet some of you guys in the flesh, but I'm stuck in what passes for spring in Minnesota...

micro brewery tour

Post by gary valmai » Mon, 03 Apr 1995 05:00:00

> I'm bummed. I had hoped to meet some of you guys in the flesh, but I'm stuck in what passes for spring in Minnesota...

Aaaahhhhh  Another martyr.......

gary valmain

micro brewery tour

Post by Henry Egge » Sat, 08 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: >: >

: [trim]
: >I tried to make up for it, though, by spending the following weekend in
: >Portland. No CDPers, but plenty of brewpubs...

:   Is the little pub between the tracks still around?  I could find
:   it from the adp office downtown, but probably would have no chance
:   of telling where it was now.  Great food, but as a wine fan, more
:   beers than I could count.  Now if it had 10 Merlot's, we could
:   talk...

Sounds like the Portland Brewery, which was about 14th and E -- 5 blocks
northeast of Powells.  But I think you want Jakes -- at 13th and
Burnside, three blocks up from Powells.

All locations in Portland are measured from Powells.

Regards, hve.

micro brewery tour

: >

Post by Rich Ahre » Mon, 10 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: :   Is the little pub between the tracks still around?  I could find
: :   it from the adp office downtown, but probably would have no chance
: :   of telling where it was now.  Great food, but as a wine fan, more
: :   beers than I could count.  Now if it had 10 Merlot's, we could
: :   talk...
: Sounds like the Portland Brewery, which was about 14th and E -- 5 blocks
: northeast of Powells.  But I think you want Jakes -- at 13th and
: Burnside, three blocks up from Powells.

Hmm, not so sure. Mentioning tracks makes me think of the Bridgeport Brewery,
which indeed has tracks running along at least one side. It is still there, of
course, making tasty pizza (with the spent grains, I think) as well as my
favorite brews in town.

The Portland Brewery raised a bunch of cash through a stock offering and moved
into new digs in NW Portland. On Industrial, if memory serves right. I was
there about a month ago and the building was still being built out (or
remodeling still underway). Unfortunately, the kitchen was among the victims
so the food was quite limited. The new place is very upscale looking. New,
uncomfortable chairs with a nice view of the big copper vessels they bought in
Germany.

And as long as we're playing memory games, isn't Powell's AT Burnside and
13th, not three blocks away from it?  The only clue I've been able to find
around the place here in MN is a receipt which has phone number but no
address. I'd call, but I only have the one phone line.

micro brewery tour

Post by Jim Idl » Wed, 12 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> I tried to make up for it, though, by spending the following weekend in
> Portland. No CDPers, but plenty of brewpubs...

And I probably pased you in the bars a few times, so I there was at
least one o fus up there. the microbrews are of course the main
reason for living in Portland ;-)

Jimi

1. FW: SAB - South African Breweries

At a world brewing convention in the States, the CEOs of various brewing
organizations retired to the bar at the end of each day's conferencing.

Bruce, CEO of Fosters, shouted to the barman: "In 'Strailya, we make the
best bloody beer in the world, so pour me a Fosters, mate."

Bob, CEO of Budweiser calls out next: "In the States, we brew the finest
beers of the world, and I make the king of them all - gimme a Bud."

Hans steps up next: "In Germany ve invented das beer. Give me un Helles, ze
REAL King of beers."

Jan, chief executive of Grolsch follows by stating that Grolsch is the
ultimate beer and asks for one with two fingers of head on top.

Norman ,  chairman  of  SAB , steps forward: "Barman, give me a diet coke
with ice and lemon. please".

The other four stare at him in stunned silence, amazement written all over
their faces.

Eventually Bruce asks: "Are you not going to have a  Castle ,  Norm ?"

Norman   replies "Well, if you pansies aren't drinking, then neither am I".

2. What's wrong with this SQL statement and how can I fix it?

3. Load DataGrid w/o selecting row

4. SQL-Programmer 2.1 Tour

5. Audit Trail Recommendations

6. Join the MS search misery tour

7. Problem with OEM and row based trigger firing on update of columns not intended in the timing clause of the trigger?

8. TaskManagement Tour Guide

9. DELPHI WORLD TOUR announced

10. need knight's tour source code

11. DELPHI WORLD TOUR - last chance