Object Relational DBMS info request (POSC folks)

Object Relational DBMS info request (POSC folks)

Post by Dale Coop » Thu, 02 Dec 1993 01:22:28

Are there any POSC folks in the audience?

Our group is looking hard at object-relational database packages and we'd like
to hear how you folks are evaluating/using packages like UniSQL and Montage in
your work.

As we, too, are in the business of seismic research and analysis and our
requirements for complex data managment are evolving beyond strict relational
database systems such as Oracle, Sybase..., we would like to hear about how
ORDBs fit into your task.

One possible application that we are looking into is the management of digital
waveform data within the database schema.  I'm sure there are many more, but
this is our first concern.

If you could take just a few minutes to jot down a few lines about ORDBs or
POSC for that matter, your time would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dale Cooper, DBA
Center for Seismic Studies
Arlington, VA