ADOX and SQL Server 7 Columns

Post by Peter Schroede » Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have been trying to read the values from the Properties collection of the
Column object using ADOX 2.1 and also ADOX 2.5 (with the SQL Server OLE DB
provider).  I can get the names, attributes, and types, but when I try to
access the values of any of the properties ADO throws an error saying that
it is not supported by the provider.  I can use the same code against a JET
database with no problems.  Has this just not been implemented yet?  Has
anyone else seen this behavior?

Peter Schroeder

ADOX and SQL Server 7 Columns

Post by mary chipma » Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:00:00

FWIW, ADOX is pretty lame even with access. there's a lot still
missing. why not try using sql server's system stored procedures
instead? sp_tables, sp_columns, etc.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 00:49:11 -0500, "Peter Schroeder"

>I have been trying to read the values from the Properties collection of the
>Column object using ADOX 2.1 and also ADOX 2.5 (with the SQL Server OLE DB
>provider).  I can get the names, attributes, and types, but when I try to
>access the values of any of the properties ADO throws an error saying that
>it is not supported by the provider.  I can use the same code against a JET
>database with no problems.  Has this just not been implemented yet?  Has
>anyone else seen this behavior?

>Peter Schroeder

1. Get key columns of SQL-Server database with ADOX

Hello people,

I have to find out, if a column of the actual table is a part of a PRIMERY KEY.
I want to do that with ADOX 2.5 on SQL-Server 7.0 but my problem is: The script
should work, according to the ADOX object model in MSDN. But I always get
an error, I can't access the "Key.Columns" object !
Can you help me, please ??

Here my script:

Set adoCat = CreateObject("ADOX.Catalog")
'connection string for the SQL-Server
connString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=MyComputer;Initial Catalog=MySQLDatabase;User
Id=sa;Password=;"
 adoCat.ActiveConnection = connString
   For Each Table In adoCat.Tables
        For Each Key In Table.Keys
                For Each Column In Key.Columns  ' !!! Error !!!
                        MsgBox Column.Name
                 Next
        Next
  Next

Thank you
Andr

2. OT Information about Informix

3. Required columns in ADOX with SQL Server 7

4. Upgrade suggestions?

5. HowTo : implement Textarea with wrapping text

6. SQLQ 6.5 setup

7. Get key columns of SQL-Server database with ADOX

8. Columns collection of the table object retreive the columns duplicated in ADOX

9. Precision is Invalid when Adding Column to table using adox (columns.append)

10. ADOX Column Item Related Column problem

11. ADOX: Column Object: Need Help: Making Column Identity