Printing a form's source code in VFP

Post by Don Whitlo » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi All,

I am a new VFP developer working on customizing an accounting package's
source code for a customer. The entire accounting package was written in
VFP, but there are no project files or anything like that which I can find.
Each of the forms is saved as an SCX file.

What I would like to do is print the source for some of the forms I will be
customizing. Is there an easy way to do it? I would like all of the events,
procedures, and functions for each of those forms to be printed out (Sort
of like printing a VB form). I'm one of those people who work better at
deciphering something if it is all sitting there in front of me.

There has to be a way to do this, right? I tried the documenting wizard on
just the form file, and got a couple of 0 byte files.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. Sorry if this is an easy
question, but I haven't found a way to do it, and need to get up to speed
as soon as possible on this.

Thanks again!

Don Whitlow

Printing a form's source code in VFP

Post by Mike Cha » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

<SNIP>

Quote:>What I would like to do is print the source for some of the forms I will be
>customizing. Is there an easy way to do it? I would like all of the events,
>procedures, and functions for each of those forms to be printed out (Sort
>of like printing a VB form). I'm one of those people who work better at
>deciphering something if it is all sitting there in front of me.

<SNIP>

Two alternatives to the documenting wizard.

Save your form as a class then use the class browser tool to view it.  You
can't print it directly but you could edit select all and then paste it
into a text file.

Otherwise visit Willy De la Court's VFP add on page at
http://www.ping.be/~ping0150/vfp.html

There is an excellent documenting utility called GENSCODE which will
document either a form or a class library.  If you are on CIS then you
will also find it there.  If you have problems getting it then drop me a
note.

Cheers

Mike

Printing a form's source code in VFP

Post by Don Vawt » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi All,
>What I would like to do is print the source for some of the forms I will be
>customizing. Is there an easy way to do it? I would like all of the events,
>procedures, and functions for each of those forms to be printed out (Sort
>of like printing a VB form). I'm one of those people who work better at
>deciphering something if it is all sitting there in front of me.

>There has to be a way to do this, right? I tried the documenting wizard on
>just the form file, and got a couple of 0 byte files.

Since the SCX file is a table just USE it and then use the report
writer to generate whatever info you want. Be careful about using the
report wizzard if you also have a dbf file of the same name especially
in a DBC. The wizard sometimes gets confused and tries to add an index
to the DBF file.

Don Vawter
2619 Florence Rd
Powder Springs, GA 30073
Voice (404) 766-4829
Fax (404) 766-4831

Resume located at http://www.mindspring.com/~dvawter/dvawter.html

Printing a form's source code in VFP

Post by Craig Berntso » Wed, 21 Aug 1996 04:00:00

You can open a form in the class browser, then print it from there.
--
Craig Berntson
Teltrust, Inc.

Quote:> Hi All,