I just upgraded one of my NT PC's to Ingres II 2.5 (0006).
My 3.5.03 openroad apps don't work any more, all failing with 'cannot
find database' errors. Looking at the errlog.log, it seems that
Openroad/Ingres is trying to start up a new name server, and failing.
We've been using OR 3.5/03 and OR 4.0 on the same machine with no
problems. We start Ingres Net 2.0 first, which ships with OR 4.0, and
OR 3.5 uses that network connection. We can connect to the servers
using OR 3.5/03 and OR 4.0.
When we installed OR 4.1, which uses Ingres Net 2.5, it connected to
our servers correctly, but then OR 3.5/03 and OR 4.0 were unable to
I did hear at CA World that this is a known problem, and that there is
a fix available. I'll be opening an issue this week to see if I can
obtain the fix.