ODBC Problem

Post by Jason Lohren » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 08:05:52

Where is my Problem:

I can create a System DSN to a MS SQL Server 7 (SP 3).
When I try the 'test connection' while setting it up all tests come back
successful.

When I attempt to actually use the connection (like in Access) it times out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This only happens for Win98 clients (not XP or 2000) and also only for VPN
users.

Thanks.

ODBC Problem

Post by mg » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:15:48

I've had problems similar to this that were solved by
installing the latest mdac upgrade, especially when using
SQL authentication, downloaded from Microsoft.com.  I
think mdac 2.7 is the latest.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Where is my Problem:

>I can create a System DSN to a MS SQL Server 7 (SP 3).
>When I try the 'test connection' while setting it up all
tests come back
>successful.

>When I attempt to actually use the connection (like in

Access) it times out.
Quote:

>Any help is greatly appreciated.

>This only happens for Win98 clients (not XP or 2000) and
also only for VPN
>users.

>Thanks.

>.

1. ODBC - problem adding new odbc drivers

When I try and create a New ODBC Driver I get an error that says the
ODBC is corrupt or not installed correctly.
I checked the location of the file IDODBC32.DLL and it is in the correct
directory.  I re-installed Delphi and I still get the same message.
Any help would be appreciated.

2. ESP calls

3. ODBC Problems with Oracle ODBC driver

4. character encoding in strings for query

5. ODBC Problem

6. Euro conversion to be stored on decimal column

7. ODBC problem with MSQL 6.5

8. pgsql/src/bin/psql command.c

9. SQL 7.0 Client ODBC problems

10. Access 2.0 ODBC Problem