batch processing priority

Post by d.. » Fri, 03 Mar 1995 10:17:48

Does anyone know if the _progres -b controls the priority of the batch
jobs?  It wouldn't help much to nice it if Progress is going to change
the priority anyway.  I took a look at the priority of a batch job and it
was at 98, which is unacceptable for the day job queueing purpose it is
serving.

I used the UNIX at command to submit the script that runs
nohup $DLC/mbpro dbname.  I don't think the nohup is really necessary,
but that should only alter the nice by +5.

Note:  We're running Progress 6.3e03 on a Solbourne machine running SunOS.

Dan

1. Change process priority / task priority permanentely

Hello there

We try to make permanent changes to how certain application programs are
run in terms of process priority.

Can a program, say MSAccess.exe always, i.e. permanentely, be run with a
higher priority than NORMAL? And how could that be done?

We appreciate any input!

Thanks a lot for your suggestions in advance!

Rgds,
Infogate AG
Benno Breit
IT

2. OO in RDBMS

3. setting OLAP Processing Priority ?

4. Q: Dao Open & Close the Db Connection Every Time Or Just On App Start/Close

5. process priority

6. Undeleteing records

7. Priority on connection or process

8. Can't connect to MS SQL Server 6.5

9. Setting thread priority for a process in MSSQL (MSDE 1.0)

10. process priority

11. Process Priority oracle 7.3

12. Forcing different priority to Oracle processes

13. Setting a process priority in a SQL pass through query from MS Access