Need something between flat file & full SQL

Need something between flat file & full SQL

Post by Jerry Gu » Thu, 22 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi!  I figured that this would be answered in
comp.databases' FAQ, but I couldn't even find
that.  I need a database product which has more
capability than a flat-file-based product,
(e.g., multiple clients reading & writing)
but less powerful than a full-blown SQL
product (because Sybase/Oracle/Informix/etc.
execute too slowly, due to their high amount
of functionality).  I realize that every database
guru has their favorite answer to this question
(and feel free to lend me your opinion), but I'm
looking for some sort of objective resource that
has reviewed the various products out there, so
I can compare products apples-to-apples.
Thank you for your response!

   (Posted by a co-worker)

1. Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

Hello,

I am interested in defining a DTS package that transforms data from
flat files to SQL Server table.

I would like to access the flat files through the DTS Flat File OLE DB
Provider.

But, I couldn't find any information on how to define the metadata of
the Flat files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hayim Salti

2. problem with dbload!

3. SQL Question - combine flat file & table rows

4. which informix instance is down..?

5. SQL question - combine flat file & table rows

6. US.ORACLE CONSULTING POSITIONS WEST COAST

7. ADO - no RecordCount returned

8. Converting full database back-ups to Flat Files

9. Need to get flat file info in SQL*Server

10. Flat Files & ADO in VC

11. Need something cheap & effective

12. Help needed loading flat file