.dll to .fll library compilers

Post by Toshiba Preferred Use » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

Are there any .dll to Foxpro 2.6 .fll library re-compilers around?

.dll to .fll library compilers

Post by Josh Assi » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Are there any .dll to Foxpro 2.6 .fll library re-compilers around?

While FLL's are basically DLL's -- they are NOT the same.  FLL's have FoxPro
specific code in them that make them work "seamlessly" with foxpro -- you cannot
just "convert" dll's to fll's.

You can, however, with the LCK, and the source for the dll; modify the dll
source and recompile into an FLL.

Most dll's can be called from foxpro, using RegFN, and CallFN if in fpw26, more
directly if in VFP

Cheers
-josh

.dll to .fll library compilers

Post by Andrew Chal » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

You don't need the source -- just the manual.

Regards.

>On Wed, 27 May 1998 13:37:59 -0700, "Toshiba Preferred User"

>>Are there any .dll to Foxpro 2.6 .fll library re-compilers around?

>While FLL's are basically DLL's -- they are NOT the same.  FLL's have
FoxPro
>specific code in them that make them work "seamlessly" with foxpro -- you
cannot
>just "convert" dll's to fll's.

>You can, however, with the LCK, and the source for the dll; modify the dll
>source and recompile into an FLL.

>Most dll's can be called from foxpro, using RegFN, and CallFN if in fpw26,
more
>directly if in VFP

>Cheers
>-josh

.dll to .fll library compilers

Post by Andrew Chal » Thu, 28 May 1998 04:00:00

You don't need the source -- just the manual.

Regards.

>On Wed, 27 May 1998 13:37:59 -0700, "Toshiba Preferred User"

>>Are there any .dll to Foxpro 2.6 .fll library re-compilers around?

>While FLL's are basically DLL's -- they are NOT the same.  FLL's have
FoxPro
>specific code in them that make them work "seamlessly" with foxpro -- you
cannot
>just "convert" dll's to fll's.

>You can, however, with the LCK, and the source for the dll; modify the dll
>source and recompile into an FLL.

>Most dll's can be called from foxpro, using RegFN, and CallFN if in fpw26,
more
>directly if in VFP

>Cheers
>-josh

.dll to .fll library compilers

Post by Cy Welc » Thu, 11 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Excuse me?  How do you recompile a dll into an fll without the source?  If
you mean you don't need the source to use the dll, that it true, but to make
an fll out of it, requires the source.

--
Cy Welch, Senior Programmer, MetSYS Inc.

>You don't need the source -- just the manual.

>Regards.

>>On Wed, 27 May 1998 13:37:59 -0700, "Toshiba Preferred User"

>>>Are there any .dll to Foxpro 2.6 .fll library re-compilers around?

>>While FLL's are basically DLL's -- they are NOT the same.  FLL's have
>FoxPro
>>specific code in them that make them work "seamlessly" with foxpro -- you
>cannot
>>just "convert" dll's to fll's.

>>You can, however, with the LCK, and the source for the dll; modify the dll
>>source and recompile into an FLL.

>>Most dll's can be called from foxpro, using RegFN, and CallFN if in fpw26,
>more
>>directly if in VFP

>>Cheers
>>-josh

1. Rebuilding an FLL library file

I am using VFP5.  I downloaded a program that uses an FLL supposedly designed
for VFP5.  However, when I try to run the program I get an error message on
the line that sets the library to the FLL  stating that the FLL  is invalid.
When I click the error message help button is says that I need to rebuild the
FLL.  How do I do that?

Glen Mettler

2. report writer(generator)

3. FPSQL.FLL Invalid Library?

4. SQL puzzle

5. Building .FLL libraries for FoxPro for Windows

6. Help!

7. WANTED : ZIP fll or library for FPW26

8. Job Opening for System/Database Analyst

9. Using Setup Wizard with some fll library

10. DLL & FLL

11. How to pass two dimensional array from VFP to DLL (or FLL)

12. DLL & FLL anybody know how