Q: FPW report writer prints only one record

Q: FPW report writer prints only one record

Post by Marcel Rietve » Thu, 26 Jan 1995 02:20:21

Can somebody please help me with the following problem:

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
I want to print a report (FPW) on a table. After printing the first record
the report thinks that it's ready and refuses to print the rest of the
records. In printing preview mode the next button is disabled. However, when
I press the zoom button the next button get's enabled so I can go to the
only the first record is printed.

LONG DESCRIPTION
There's only one table with no relations to other tables. The report has no
references to other tables. There are two groupings. The first grouping
contains a lot of data and has to be printed on a separate page. The
(constant) bandheight is about 25 cm. When the second grouping (and the
following data in the detail band) is printed on the same page there is no
problem.

To accomplish that the second grouping is printed on a seperate page I can
do two things: make the first grouping banheight very big so that the
following grouping automatically is printed on the next page (this used to
work with most -but not all- of the data). The second thing I can do is to
use the setting in the second grouping "if less than xxx from header begin
new page". However both of these options don't seem to work.

QUESTIONS:
-       Has anybody experienced similar problems.
-       If so, does anybody know a solution or a work-around.

Any help is really really *REALLY* (!!) appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Marcel Rietveld

Q: FPW report writer prints only one record

Post by Marcel Rietve » Fri, 27 Jan 1995 00:32:51

Quote:

>Can somebody please help me with the following problem:

>SHORT DESCRIPTION:
>I want to print a report (FPW) on a table. After printing the first record
>the report thinks that it's ready and refuses to print the rest of the
>records. In printing preview mode the next button is disabled. However,
>when I press the zoom button the next button get's enabled so I can go to
>the next page (_strange_ behaviour !!). When the report is sent to the
>printer only the first record is printed.

For everyone who's interested or has experienced similar problems, I've
found a solution to this problem.

Make sure there is at least one deleted record in the table, than everything
works fine. How stupid of me not to think about that.....

AARRRGGGHHHH, typical FP.

--
Regards,

Q: FPW report writer prints only one record

Post by Peter » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 11:34:44

Quote:> >I want to print a report (FPW) on a table. After printing the first record
> >the report thinks that it's ready and refuses to print the rest of the
> >records. In printing preview mode the next button is disabled. However,
> >when I press the zoom button the next button get's enabled so I can go to
> >the next page (_strange_ behaviour !!). When the report is sent to the
> >printer only the first record is printed.

>> Make sure there is at least one deleted record in the table, than everything
>> works fine. How stupid of me not to think about that.....

sounds like it might be related to an index, sort, or filter problem. Like the dbf is stuck on the last
record. If a filter is set, try GOTO TOP before running the report. If
you are using an index try reindexing and see if that changes anything.

just ideas. hope they help

1. SB+ Report writer reports printing one blank page

'Lo Chaps and Chappesses

I am using SB+ 2.3.2 and Unidata 3.3.2.  On most (all?) report writer
reports I get a blank page at the end of the report.  Looking at the report
text that is sent to the unix printer I see a line feed character at the end
of the report on line 67, the printer is 66 lines long.  This seems to be
report writer padding to the correct amount of lines but a Form feed
character getting added for good measure.  Is there any way to stop the Form
feed I have tried doing EXECUTE 'SETPTR,,,,,,DEST Q1,NOEJECT' command in a
program before the line running the report but this seems to have no effect.

I dont have a SB+ printer (and therefore appropriately configured stationery
options) with the same name as the USAM printer name should I?

Any ideas?

--

It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take
Hofstadter's Law into account.

2. close "matches" without freetext-engine?

3. Formatted printing using the FPW 2.6 report writer

4. converting PST/PDt time to GMT

5. Foxprod Dos 2.6 Report writer Qs.

6. pgsql/. HISTORY

7. Quick Report, printing one Record ?

8. SQL*Loader

9. Printing One Record At A Time Report

10. how do I print only one record to crystal report

11. PDOX4DOS: HELP! : printing one record report

12. Report prints only one record?

13. Crystal Report Writer 4.5 with FPW 2.6a