Graphical Representation Of Data Cubes (Data Mining)

Graphical Representation Of Data Cubes (Data Mining)

Post by Gavin Gibs » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 01:41:42

Dear All,

My company is looking to purchase some form of 'data mining' software;
unfortunately however our analysts are only involved in quite low
level analysis (and spss is well outside their abilities) and are
really after a package that can graphically represent the data
relationships rather than provide statistical analysis.

The problem is that I have a lot of data in both aggregate,rollup and
cube form within both Oracle and SQL Server databases, however I need
some form of 'front end' that I can point at these data structures and
configure to allow drill-down analysis and graphically represent the
data.

The primary need of the business is to demonstrate click streams
through web-sites and although there is software out there which can
do this it is all limited to web analysis whereas I need something a
bit more generic.

Has anybody any experience of using a product which meets my need.

Regards

Gavin

Graphical Representation Of Data Cubes (Data Mining)

Post by jv » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 05:14:09

Gavin,
You should take a look at a product called DeltaMiner from MIS-AG.
DeltaMiner is a hybrid OLAP front end/data mining tool.  I've seen a demo of
the product and it provides an interesting set of pre-configured analysis
and reporting tools.  As you work with your data, the software provides
suggestions for which paths to explore.  All-in-all, I was very impressed
with the product's capabilities.  I know it will connect to a SQL-Server
database and I'm pretty certain Oracle is also on their list of supported
products.

Good luck!

Quote:> Dear All,

> My company is looking to purchase some form of 'data mining' software;
> unfortunately however our analysts are only involved in quite low
> level analysis (and spss is well outside their abilities) and are
> really after a package that can graphically represent the data
> relationships rather than provide statistical analysis.

> The problem is that I have a lot of data in both aggregate,rollup and
> cube form within both Oracle and SQL Server databases, however I need
> some form of 'front end' that I can point at these data structures and
> configure to allow drill-down analysis and graphically represent the
> data.

> The primary need of the business is to demonstrate click streams
> through web-sites and although there is software out there which can
> do this it is all limited to web analysis whereas I need something a
> bit more generic.

> Has anybody any experience of using a product which meets my need.

> Regards

> Gavin

Graphical Representation Of Data Cubes (Data Mining)

Post by Nigel Pends » Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:34:37

Quote:> Dear All,

> My company is looking to purchase some form of 'data mining' software;
> unfortunately however our analysts are only involved in quite low
> level analysis (and spss is well outside their abilities) and are
> really after a package that can graphically represent the data
> relationships rather than provide statistical analysis.

> The problem is that I have a lot of data in both aggregate,rollup and
> cube form within both Oracle and SQL Server databases, however I need
> some form of 'front end' that I can point at these data structures and
> configure to allow drill-down analysis and graphically represent the
> data.

> The primary need of the business is to demonstrate click streams
> through web-sites and although there is software out there which can
> do this it is all limited to web analysis whereas I need something a
> bit more generic.

> Has anybody any experience of using a product which meets my need.

Are you quite sure you actually want 'data mining' software?  It sounds more
like you just need a good OLAP front-end tool.  Data mining is something
used by mathematically inclined power users, to look for complex statistical
relationships.

Nigel Pendse
OLAP Solutions
http://www.olapreport.com

1. Graphical data representation

I have an application that stores information on drawings (autocad type
drawings), bill of material, inventory, and several other things.  The client
wants an option to display the information graphically similar to the Windows
File Manager.

The top level assembly number would be displayed like to root directory and
each of the sub-assemblies like subdirectories.  The parts would be displayed
like files.  The user could expand and contract the view and zoom into sub
assemblies to find inventory quantities, etc.

My question is - does anyone know of a FPW library that allows a graphical
representation of FoxPro data?

Any information would be helpful.

Keith

2. Beginner help: MCF and ODBC

3. Prediction using OLAP Data Mining Model and Data Cubes

4. HELP - Ingres ODBC driver login

5. graphical representation of cubes

6. problem with total memory

7. Graphical representation of OLAP cube

8. BCP, text fields & CSV - Question

9. MITS * Graphical face on PICK/MultiValue Data Mining

10. Data mining using SQL server,problems with Data mining model wizard

11. Data Wharehouse - Data Mining - Data Stage - ......

12. AUTO refresh OLAP CUBE data after DATA WAREHOUSE DATA

13. How to AUTO refresh OLAP CUBE data after DATA WAREHOUSE data is changed