Memory problems!!!!

Post by Parland Johnsto » Fri, 22 Dec 1995 04:00:00

application.  The program runs great when it is not called from the
application but from the command prompt.  When I call the program from
the application, I get a"syntax error."

I found the when I issue a CLEAR MEMORY or CLEAR ALL command this fixes
the problem but zaps all the memory variables.

HELP!!!!

Memory problems!!!!

Post by WILLIAM C » Sat, 23 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: application.  The program runs great when it is not called from the
: application but from the command prompt.  When I call the program from
: the application, I get a"syntax error."

: I found the when I issue a CLEAR MEMORY or CLEAR ALL command this fixes
: the problem but zaps all the memory variables.

I had a similar problem where attempting to change a private variable at
a lower program level created a "syntax error". (Debugging an old, legacy
program, ugh...)

What you should do is to make sure your variable scopes are correct.
However, this can be a bit of work.

The quick fix is to save the variables to a file and restore them
when the procedure is done like so:

    PROC zzz
      SAVE TO memfile
      CLEAR MEMORY or RELEASE aaa, bbb, ccc
      stuff here
      RESTORE FROM memfile
    RETURN

1. Suspect Memory Problem about SQL Server

Hi all,

I am new in SQL Server 6.5.  I don't know whether it is suitable to place
my problem in this newsgroup.  Anyway, would anybody be kind enough to tell
me what my problem is?  Your help is much appreciate.  Thanks a lot.

The case:
I am using Java and use jdbc to connect to SQL Server.
I had the following Java code which run stored procedure:
        con.setAutoCommit(true);
        stmt = con.createStatement();
        stmt.execute("my_stored_proecdure");
                :               :
                :               :
                :               :

I have a button which tell my Java to execute this stored procedure.  It is
ok for the first three run (click the button to run the stored procedure
without quit the Java program).  However, for the fourth run, SQL
Exeception Error occured.  It said
        SQLState: 37000
        Message:  [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cursorfetch: Must

        Vendor:   16921

i.e. not just confined to this variable.

stored procedure in ISQL without error.
I have tried setAutoCommit(false), the same error occured.

Thanks.
Edmund Mak

2. US-CA-PEREGRINE / VANTIVE BUSINESS ANALYST / ORACLE

3. Memory Problem!!!

4. SGA Anyone know about tie-in with /etc/system?

5. SQL Server memory problems

6. Collation question

7. Memory Problems with MMC.EXE and Novell Client

8. expected symbol name is still missing...

9. SQL Memory problem

10. SQLCE and MEMORY Problems

11. Win98 clients having severe memory problems in w/SQL connectivity

12. Memory Problem in SQL Cluster

13. Win98 Clients experiencing severe memory problems attaching to SQL2k