NT and ms sql 6.5 integrated security

Post by Pawel De » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello !

We want to configure our ms sql server 6.5 so it would accept the users of
NT domain without password checking.
But we don't want them to log in onto 'sa' login (what just happens),
because we want to define different permisions for them - we want to define
their own, different logins.
We set the "integrated security" in Security tab of Configuration window of
the server, we have created the local NT group on our NT domain server, but
this group stays invisible for the SQL Server security manager. Members of
earlier NT groups (global ones) have all mapped the 'sa' login.

What can we do ? Please help.

Pawel Dec

1. NT and sql 6.5 integrated security

Hello !

We want to configure our ms sql server 6.5 so it would accept the users of
NT domain without password checking.
But we don't want them to log in onto 'sa' login (what just happens),
because we want to define different permisions for them - we want to define
their own, different logins.
We set the "integrated security" in Security tab of Configuration window of
the server, we have created the local NT group on our NT domain server, but
this group stays invisible for the SQL Server security manager. Members of
earlier NT groups (global ones) have all mapped the 'sa' login.

What can we do ? Please help.

Pawel Dec

2. using SET CENTURY in VPF

3. NT Integrated Security Without SQL Security Manager ?

4. Memory Hog?

5. SQL 6.5 and iNTegrated Security

6. Creating a route

7. Integrated Security and SQL Server 6.5

8. Integrated Security on SQL 6.5?

9. SQL 6.5 and iNTegrated Security

10. Integrated Security and SQL Server 6.5

11. SQL 6.5 Integrated Security??

12. change from integrated security to nt only security