Switching between two windows in a screen set

Switching between two windows in a screen set

Post by Justin Sh » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 05:55:28

        I've looked in the developers guide and a couple third party
books and have not seen why there is so much trouble with the following
situation:
        I have two windows in a screen set.  One is named form_one and
the other form_two. Form_one is in the foreground when the window .spr is
started.  I have a button on Form_one whose valid clause says to hide
form_one and show form_two.  It does not end the read.
        Instead it flashes form_two in the foreground for half a second
then switches back to form_one.  If I try and trace the program it simply
quits out of the read after it calls the valid clause of the button in
form_one.  I've been tearing my hair out over this bug for the past two
days.  Any help with it would be greatly appreciated.

   $:)=&K     |    and laughing at people??"

Post by Tone Merethe Be » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 19:34:45

>Subject: Switching between two windows in a screen set
>Date: 7 Jul 1994 13:55:28 -0700
>        I've looked in the developers guide and a couple third party
>books and have not seen why there is so much trouble with the following
>situation:
>        I have two windows in a screen set.  One is named form_one and
>the other form_two. Form_one is in the foreground when the window .spr is
>started.  I have a button on Form_one whose valid clause says to hide
>form_one and show form_two.  It does not end the read.
>        Instead it flashes form_two in the foreground for half a second
>then switches back to form_one.  If I try and trace the program it simply
>quits out of the read after it calls the valid clause of the button in
>form_one.  I've been tearing my hair out over this bug for the past two
>days.  Any help with it would be greatly appreciated.

>--

>   $:)=&K     |    and laughing at people??"

Instead of hiding/activating, try _CUROBJ = OBJNUM(first object in the new
screen) in your VALID-clause of your switch-button.

Tone Merethe Berg
SINTEF
Norway

Post by Allen J. Friedm » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 20:55:15

:         I've looked in the developers guide and a couple third party
: books and have not seen why there is so much trouble with the following
: situation:
:         I have two windows in a screen set.  One is named form_one and
: the other form_two. Form_one is in the foreground when the window .spr is
: started.  I have a button on Form_one whose valid clause says to hide
: form_one and show form_two.  It does not end the read.
:         Instead it flashes form_two in the foreground for half a second
: then switches back to form_one.  If I try and trace the program it simply
: quits out of the read after it calls the valid clause of the button in
: form_one.  I've been tearing my hair out over this bug for the past two
: days.  Any help with it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a similar button (or any other enabled GET object) on form_two?

1. switching between screen set windows

I would like to use a button to switch between two windows that make up a
screen set - instead of clicking one to make it window the on top. The
problem is that no matter what code I put in the button VALID, it always
comes back to the original window. I talked to FoxPro support and was
told to try using a key board buffer scheme something like this:

In the screen setup:
on key label F3 ACTIVATE WINDOW <name>

In the button VALID:
keyboard "{f3}"

This didn't work for me either, or rather every thing I try works to a
point and then goes back to original window.
I know I could just generate the screens seperately and launch one from
the other, that's the way the application works now, but it's not
effecient. I would normally just generate a screen set and let the user
click the windows, but the users in this case are used to switching
windows with buttons.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

    -Andrew

2. QUERY PLANS NOT EASY TO GET

3. Q: Switching Screens in a Screen Set

4. 2 Sr. Pick P/A WJ483

5. FoxPro Windows screen sets question

6. How can I get fox2.6 to..

7. How get/set main Foxpro window coordinates on screen (FPW26)

8. multiple snapshots on one table

9. Picking up Windows Screen Font Size setting ???

10. HELP-Two input screens with fields from two related tables

11. Codebook 2.6 multiple screen to a screen set

12. multiple screen, multiple table screen sets

13. Screen SETS vs. just Screens