ADODB connection error 800AOE7A

Post by Peter Tod » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 05:09:04

I'm using WK2 Pro and Office 2K Pro.  Data access worked
until I installed an Office 2K update from the MS Windows
Update site last night.  Now I get the following error.
I've not install any of the MDAC packages; only what was
put on my system from other software (e.g. Office 2K,
Interdev 6.0, FrontPage 2K).

I do have Norton AV running, and IIS.  Both were on at
install.  How would I fix the problem now?  Should I
install one of the MDAC packages?

I've gotten this before and have never resolved it short
of rebuilding my system.

Any and all help is appreciated.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

---------------------

Error Type:
ADODB.Connection (0x800A0E7A)
Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.
/dev/ASP/People.asp, line 22

ADODB connection error 800AOE7A

Post by Rames » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 06:50:35

What backend database are you connecting to?

Error:
ADODB.Connection (0x800A0E7A) Provider cannot be found. It may not be
properly installed.

This error occurs because a dynamic-link library (DLL) that the Microsoft
Data
Access Components (MDAC) requires is not registered.

1. Click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.

2. At a command prompt, type "cd %systemroot%:\Program Files\Common
   Files\System\Ole" (without the quotation marks).

3. At a command prompt, type "regsvr32 sqloledb.dll" (without the quotation
   marks).

4. When you receive confirmation that the DLL is registered successfully,
click
   OK.

NOTE: This resolution uses a Microsoft SQL Server OLE Provider DLL,
Sqloledb.dll,
as an example. Because the unregistered DLL may vary based on the OLE DB
provider that you are using, you must modify step 2 according to your
situation.

If you are using Access database as the backend.
Here are the dlls
Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider
Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
C:\WINNT\System32\Msjetoledb40.dll
C:\WINNT\System32\Msjet40.dll
C:\WINNT\System32\Mswstr10.dll
C:\WINNT\System32\Msjter40.dll
C:\WINNT\System32\Msjint40.dll

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Provider=SQLOLEDB.1
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\OLE DB\Sqloledb.dll
C:\WINNT\System32\Dbnmpntw.dll

Check out the article.
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;Q278604

Hope this helps!

Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
Microsoft Developer support

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

ADODB connection error 800AOE7A

Post by Peter Tod » Sun, 08 Sep 2002 09:08:00

Ramesh,

I'm using access for this project as the back end database.

I'd already checked out the document you pointed me to.
However, when I tried to register the last three jet dlls,
I get the following message.

"msjter40.dll was loaded, but the dllRegisterServer entry
point was not found.

DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt
version of msjter40.dll may be in memory.  Consider using
pview to detect and remove it."

I'm not familiar with pview.  Any suggestions?  Last
winter this happened and I got to this point.  Eventually,
I had to rebuild the laptop.  Its hard to sacrafice 3
days.  I'd like to know what is happening and learn how to
fix it.

Thanks very much for your help.

Peter Todd, MCSE

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>What backend database are you connecting to?

>Error:
>ADODB.Connection (0x800A0E7A) Provider cannot be found.
It may not be
>properly installed.

>This error occurs because a dynamic-link library (DLL)
that the Microsoft
>Data
>Access Components (MDAC) requires is not registered.

>1. Click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.

>2. At a command prompt, type "cd %systemroot%:\Program
Files\Common
>   Files\System\Ole" (without the quotation marks).

>3. At a command prompt, type "regsvr32 sqloledb.dll"

(without the quotation
Quote:>   marks).

>4. When you receive confirmation that the DLL is

registered successfully,

Quote:>click
>   OK.

>NOTE: This resolution uses a Microsoft SQL Server OLE
Provider DLL,
>Sqloledb.dll,
>as an example. Because the unregistered DLL may vary
based on the OLE DB
>provider that you are using, you must modify step 2
according to your
>situation.

>If you are using Access database as the backend.
>Here are the dlls
>Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider
>Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
>C:\WINNT\System32\Msjetoledb40.dll
>C:\WINNT\System32\Msjet40.dll
>C:\WINNT\System32\Mswstr10.dll
>C:\WINNT\System32\Msjter40.dll
>C:\WINNT\System32\Msjint40.dll

>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
>Provider=SQLOLEDB.1
>C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\OLE DB\Sqloledb.dll
>C:\WINNT\System32\Dbnmpntw.dll

>Check out the article.
>http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;Q278604

>Hope this helps!

>Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
>Microsoft Developer support

confers no rights.

>Are you secure? For information about the Microsoft

Strategic Technology

Quote:>Protection Program and to order your FREE Security Tool
Kit, please visit
>http://www.microsoft.com/security.

>.

ADODB connection error 800AOE7A

Post by Rames » Wed, 11 Sep 2002 00:43:26

Hello Peter,
The problem sounds like may be related to some corrupt jet files.
Have you tried updating to the latest service pack for JET 4.0?
Here is the link to download the latest updated version of JET 4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q239114

and
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q282010#3

This should update your jet related dlls.
Please try this and update.

Thanks

Ramesh Thyagarajan, MCSD,MCDBA
Microsoft Developer support

http://www.microsoft.com/security.

1. SQL 2000? Missing error descriptions (ADODB.Connection.Error)

Anyone knows why the adodb.connection.error object, doesn't has the
descriptions of the errors ocurred on the SQL Server?
My code was working on sql 7, and NT4. Now, the errors descriptions doesn't
appear on the connection.error object, and i am using SQL 2000 Beta, Win
2000 Professional.

If anyone has a clue...

Thanks in advance,
    Leonardo Silva

2. OCP, EU citizen, available for new contracts immediately

3. .Close on ADODB.Connection and ADODB.RecordSet

4. Web container fields

5. ADODB.Connection.Execute VS ADODB.Recordset.Update

6. JAM "Internationalization" -- reply to Taro Tsuzuki

7. ADODB.connection & ADODB.Recordset

8. FS: Foxpro software, books

9. adodb.connection, adodb.command and MTS

10. ADODB.Connection error

11. ADODB Connection Error

12. ADODB.Connection error '800a0bb9'

13. ADODB.Connection error when ASP was installed over Personal Web Server