Report builder / query builder

Post by John E Fair - Personal Accou » Sat, 14 May 1994 02:02:40

Is anyone aware of any add-on apps that can be included in distributed apps
compiled with the compact compiler that will allow users of a product to
dynamically build and save their own reports and/or queries.  I realize that
this can't be done with Fox's current implementation of SQL; but a slick
programmer could write code to do it with SET FILTER/SET RELATION statements.

I have been on M/S's case for a long time (and FOX's before they were bought
by M/S) to provide this feature.

Report builder / query builder

Post by C. Joan Hugh » Sat, 14 May 1994 21:33:08

Quote:>Is anyone aware of any add-on apps that can be included in distributed apps
>compiled with the compact compiler that will allow users of a product to
>dynamically build and save their own reports and/or queries.  I realize that
>this can't be done with Fox's current implementation of SQL; but a slick
>programmer could write code to do it with SET FILTER/SET RELATION statements.

>I have been on M/S's case for a long time (and FOX's before they were bought
>by M/S) to provide this feature.

FOXFIRE is a FoxPro report writer written in FoxPro.  I haven't used
it myself, but they will send a demo.

Micromega Systems, Inc.
832 Baker St.
San Francisco, CA  94115

Orders/Info 800-283-4080, x885
415-346-1461

Joan

Post by Ron Talma » Tue, 17 May 1994 22:03:40

>Subject: Report builder / query builder
>Date: 12 May 1994 17:02:40 GMT
>Is anyone aware of any add-on apps that can be included in distributed apps
>compiled with the compact compiler that will allow users of a product to
>dynamically build and save their own reports and/or queries.  I realize that
>this can't be done with Fox's current implementation of SQL; but a slick
>programmer could write code to do it with SET FILTER/SET RELATION statements.
>I have been on M/S's case for a long time (and FOX's before they were bought
>by M/S) to provide this feature.

FoxFire! is compiled into an APP and can be shipped to your users.  Your own
app can just call it.

Ron

Ron Talmage
Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center, Seattle