1. Abstract Data Parameter Type?
I have created abstract data provider class (DataAccessor) which get
implemented by .net data provider-specific concrete classes (a SQL provider
class, a OLE DB class, etc). This helps keep the user ignorant from how db
access gets implemented. The user has access to these static concrete
classes through a class factory component called Data Manager. So for
example the user would call:
'This returns a reference to concrete class which factory resolves from the
Dim objDBAccess As DataAccessor =
My questions is how to best handle parameter manipulation. I want to enable
the sending of parameters and parameter arrays through Execute methods, but
how to do that if they don't know what provider they are using (don't want
them to send SQLParameter or OLEDBParameter). Currently the only
implementation I could think of was to added static Set and Gets. This is
not very robust, however, and does not enable the passing of parameters in
For example, I want them to be able to:
'where arrSomeArrayofParams is an array of IDataParam-compliant types
They currently can only set param one at time, then execute:
Any help appreciated!
Thanks in advance
2. More: Joint SQL7.0 and SQL2000 installations - Hype or?
3. How to retrive abstract data type using jdbc with oracle8.04
5. User Customisable Schema and Oracle Abstract Data Types
7. How to retrive abstract data type via jdbc?
8. Question about DB/log backup.
9. SQL Loader and Abstract Data Types and Nested Tables
12. Problem with Abstract Data Type
13. Data Types using the Data Object