Ever Had your Mouse Go nuts?

Post by Steveins » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I don't think this is caused by Fox Pro, could be?  More likely maybe a problem
with our KVM Switch (for running multiple systems to the same controls).  3
times now I have had my mouse go crazy, for about 30 seconds it will bounce all
over the screen, opening programs at random, move the mouse a centimeter and it
jumps all over the screen. Then all of a sudden it goes back to normal.

Anybody ever heard of, or had this problem?

BTW it's on NT4.0

Any input appreciated,
Thanks,
Steve

Ever Had your Mouse Go nuts?

Post by Tim Witor » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Have you run a recent virus checker on the system?  Sounds
like a mischievous virus in some ways.

-- TRW

--
_______________________________________
My e-mail:  t r w 7

_______________________________________

Ever Had your Mouse Go nuts?

Post by Larry Huising » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Are you running Microsoft Office 2000?  I have heard of similar problems
with this suite.

Larry Huisingh

> Have you run a recent virus checker on the system?  Sounds
> like a mischievous virus in some ways.

> -- TRW

> > I don't think this is caused by Fox Pro, could be?  More likely maybe a
problem
> > with our KVM Switch (for running multiple systems to the same controls).
3
> > times now I have had my mouse go crazy, for about 30 seconds it will
bounce all
> > over the screen, opening programs at random, move the mouse a centimeter
and it
> > jumps all over the screen. Then all of a sudden it goes back to normal.

> > Anybody ever heard of, or had this problem?

> > BTW it's on NT4.0

> > Any input appreciated,
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

> --
> _______________________________________
> My e-mail:  t r w 7

> _______________________________________

Ever Had your Mouse Go nuts?

Post by gman666_1.. » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I don't think this is caused by Fox Pro, could be?  More likely maybe
a problem
> with our KVM Switch (for running multiple systems to the same
controls).  3
> times now I have had my mouse go crazy, for about 30 seconds it will
bounce all
> over the screen, opening programs at random, move the mouse a
centimeter and it
> jumps all over the screen. Then all of a sudden it goes back to
normal.

> Anybody ever heard of, or had this problem?

Could very well be your KVM switch.  Many KVM switches use one
keyboard/mouse emulation chip which is shared by multiple computers.
This will cause keyboard lock-ups and, what is called crazy-mouse.
This sounds like what is going on.  As someone mentioned in an earlier
post "There are KVM switches and there are KVM switches".  The cheap
(inexpensive) ones tend to also be of fairly low quality.

Quote:> BTW it's on NT4.0

> Any input appreciated,
> Thanks,
> Steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Mouse goes nuts with inet/hstools

If I'm loading a hyperscript tool and while it's loading, move the mouse,
the mouse goes nuts.  I loose control to the extent that moving it
presses buttons and I have to reboot to correct it.  I've _only_
experienced this with Inet/hstools.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'll summarize responses and repost.

                  How you look depends on where you go.
                                        |  Y?3oY3T3oY3Y?3oY3T3oY3Y3T3oY3YY??
Gary L. Burnore                         |  Y?3oY3T3oY3Y?3oY3T3oY3Y3T3oY3YY??
Director, Programming & Development     |  Y?3oY3T3oY3Y?3oY3T3oY3Y3T3oY3YY??
Myers Information Systems, Inc.         |  Y?3 3 4 1 4 2 oY3T3 6 9 0 6 9 Y??
                                        |      Official Proof of Purchase

2. Advanced FoxPro Book

3. Going Nuts ! Stored Proc and ASP

4. GPF during ???-printing on FPW2.6

5. Full-text searching (Microsoft Search service) goes nuts

7. HELP--Going NUTS-->>DTS Package and Foxpro

8. Security confusion

9. Going nuts over this error...

10. Going Nuts - TEXT/Blobs need to be the last field in a table

11. Going Nuts

12. Inputting dates and currency - going nuts!

13. Going Nuts