Dbase 3 plus printer problem

Post by M.A.van.Koppe » Sun, 28 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I'm working with Dbase 3 plus and just bought a new printer (HP deskjet
600).
My old printer was a matrixprinter that was connected to com1.
Dbase won't print with the new one.
Can anybody tell my how I reconfigure the printer to the HP printer.

thanks,

MOUSE

Dbase 3 plus printer problem

Post by Scott Hunte » Tue, 30 Jul 1996 04:00:00

dBase by default dumps to the LPT1 port, not a COM port. If your matrix
really was connected to a serial port, your HP is probably connected to
the parallel port. Check your Autoexec.bat for a MODE statement that send
all LPT stuff to the COM port. Rem it out, reboot and see what happens
then.

Post by Addison Elementary Scho » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>I'm working with Dbase 3 plus and just bought a new printer (HP deskjet
>600).
>My old printer was a matrixprinter that was connected to com1.
>Dbase won't print with the new one.
>Can anybody tell my how I reconfigure the printer to the HP printer.

Simple solution - buy a serial to parallel converter and put it
between the PC and the printer.

Other solutions -

1) Change the escape sequences from the dot matrix BOLD and condensed
to the DJ600 escape sequences.

2) Change the line in autoexec.bat that says
mode lpt1:=com1:

1. dBase III Plus to dBase V for Windows Conversion

I'm trying to find a comprehensive reference for converting
a dBase III application to dBase V for Windows.

I have two main problem areas:

1.  Converting the screens that I created using a series of

the "WAIT" or other commands to accept a text string from
the keyboard.

2.  Generating the output to other text files that I
currently do using the "SET ALTERNATE TO" command.

Any help or pointer to a reference document greatly
appreciated.

Regards, Mike.

2. Newbie Backup Question

3. Need Help on a Dbase III Plus Problem

4. Database event alerters

5. dBASE IV Printer/File Problem

6. error 10048

7. Using Additional UNIX Printers on Ult PLUS

8. Able to see pictures

9. Interfacing to a Datamax Prodigy Plus Printer using Progress

10. Printer driver for HP Laserjet 4 Plus

11. Detecting printer off-line and other printer problems

12. Still having printer problems on d3/Linux shared printers

13. Using DBASE III Plus files in VB3 Pro