Connect PHP with Progress via OIB/OID/ using ODBC for SQL89

Connect PHP with Progress via OIB/OID/ using ODBC for SQL89

Post by Jorge M. ORO » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:48:56

Hello boys!?

Use Progrerss 9.1b in a Win98.

I am interested in being able to use the OIB/OID, to generate connections
among Progress and PHP, in the Win98... running Apache for Win32.

I know that I should use a driver ODBC to connect me with the OIB OID... and
that should be compatible with SQL89... but?  Where it with himself, or it
is provided Progress?

I was experiencing with the Driver Merant 3.60 for SQL92, and walks very
well but my intension is to use SQL89/OIB/OID.

Some aid?

Thanks.  MArio.-

Connect PHP with Progress via OIB/OID/ using ODBC for SQL89

Post by Kevi » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:49:03

Quote:> Hello boys!?

> Use Progrerss 9.1b in a Win98.

> I am interested in being able to use the OIB/OID, to generate
> connections among Progress and PHP, in the Win98... running Apache for
> Win32.

> I know that I should use a driver ODBC to connect me with the OIB
> OID... and that should be compatible with SQL89... but?  Where it with
> himself, or it is provided Progress?

> I was experiencing with the Driver Merant 3.60 for SQL92, and walks
> very well but my intension is to use SQL89/OIB/OID.

> Some aid?

> Thanks.  MArio.-

SQL89 drivers are not provided by Progress.. Head to www.openlinksw.com or
www.merant.com and see if either of thme have one available..

Also, to install the OIB/OID you must do a custom or complete install, as
they are no longer installed by default..

Kevin

Connect PHP with Progress via OIB/OID/ using ODBC for SQL89

Post by John R. Jon » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:49:51

For what particular reason do you want to include the usage of the OIB
of Progress?  Especially when speed is essential the OIB is slower and
not really necessary.

Using the ODBC Driver with SQL-89 support you can make an ODBC
Connection without the need for the OIB, you can download a free
evaluation Licensed Driver from http://www.openlinksw.com/

You have a choice of a Multi Tier Driver or a single Tier Driver.

Multi Tier Driver requires a Database Server side based installation
of the OpenLink Server components

Single Tier Requires the Progress Client Networking is installed on
the Client machine and is a Client machine only installation.

Both will perform the same connectivity tasks.

I recommend that you have a look through the online Documentation for
any questions that arise, mainly for a broad idea of the OpenLink
Software, if you still have problems Please contact a member of
OpenLink Support who will be only too happy to assist you.

HTH

BR

John

Quote:> Hello boys!?

Post by Jorge M. ORO » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 01:13:44

For what particular reason do you want to include the usage of the OIB
of Progress?  Especially when speed is essential the OIB is slower and
not really necessary.

Hello "John R. Jones"!

In the first place, I explained what desire to carry out:

I want to carry out what is commented in the KB of Progress N 17775:
"Using Merant ODBC driver 3. x with LOCAL DB on WINDOWS 95/98"

My intension is to use OIB to be able to agree the DB in Windows locally,
this is what would do the OIB through an OID; is not thus?

But I should have installed a driver ODBC that permit myself to specify in
the seccion OIB OID, its parametros and the form of coneccin: Direct,
Via Server,... etc.  As what it shows the KB mentioned.

In this manner would not need to agree a servant of DB, for example: Linux,
Unix or NT; where have a DB listening a port in individual.... since would
have it in my win98.

I understand that the velocity would be a problem... but is alone to test
its
fulfillment with small consultations; by the moment.

Would be possible?

Mario.-

1. OIB/OID on V7.3D databases

We are running several V7.3D databases on HP-UX 10.20.
You application is running in an ASCII-terminal.
As there is no time to do several reports for our finacial staff, we decided
to use any kind of reporting tool.

First time we use the buidlin Report Builder (16-bit) on WIN 95.
ODBC connection like this:
Broker like this:
-WIPC ......
So it ist remote database - local oid scheme.

The same thing works with Crystal Reports v5 (16-bit)

Due to the millions of records in the database there is a lack of
preformance on the Client.
We decided to use Actuate v3 as reporting tool.

So we installed the Actuate report server, but we failed to connect it to
the database.
The installing requirements are talking about Progress Client 8.2 to run it,
but able to connect it to >7.3C databases.

We tried to start any OIB service and than OID service.

To my understanding this is the scheme Remote-Database - Remote-Client.
OIB/OID started as daemon without error-messages, but could not connect from
any WIN 95 ODBC or Actuate Desktop as well.

Is there any miracle in connecting Progress Databases via ODBC or any remote
service.????

2. Easy MDX question

3. ODBC for Progress 9.1B to SCO server (SQL89)

4. new computer wanted

5. [PHP] RPMs for PHP accessing PostgreSQL via ODBC over RedHat

6. HELP ON F1

7. Need help using PHP ODBC to connect Postgress 7.1.1

8. Free e-books about SQL

9. Connecting to Progress Via ODBC

10. Finding the OID using Postgresql via JDBC?

11. Connecting To Sqlserver Via PHP & Redhat

12. Can't connect via TCP/IP with PHP

13. Can't Connect Via ODBC using dynamic port