Piclan and Windows NT

Post by PINERYJ » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 00:01:57

Can a PC running AP/Pro with Piclan be connected to a Windows NT system?

It ain't fun no more being a poor application programmer. You gotta be a
hardware engineer, a network engineer, a programmer in three (or more)
languages, know the details of multiple operating systems, and keep plenty
of medicinal * close at hand for the inevitable headaches?

Jim Harger

Piclan and Windows NT

Post by jeff » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 02:11:14

: Can a PC running AP/Pro with Piclan be connected to a Windows NT system?

: It ain't fun no more being a poor application programmer. You gotta be a
: hardware engineer, a network engineer, a programmer in three (or more)
: languages, know the details of multiple operating systems, and keep plenty
: of medicinal * close at hand for the inevitable headaches?

: Jim Harger

I'm running uniVerse on NT, notthat dos-shell version pick runs, but it
seems to me that, considering NT supports jsut about every network driver
under the sun, you should be able to connect to it, probably via some
version of TCP/IP.

jeff g.

Piclan and Windows NT

Post by Doug Dumit » Thu, 30 Mar 1995 16:42:26

Quote:>Can a PC running AP/Pro with Piclan be connected to a Windows NT system?

The current PicLan release does not include NT client support
directly.  We do have sites that have PicLan and NT servers all
serving a single group of DOS and WFW clients.  NT client support is
in the works and should be available in a May timeframe.

Doug Dumitru
Modular Software Corporation

Piclan and Windows NT

Post by gary valmai » Sat, 01 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>NT client support is
> in the works and should be available in a May timeframe.

Doug,

Be careful, this is how vaporware starts !!! <g>

enjoy

gary valmain

1. Piclan and Windows NT

Does anybody know if I can get a Piclan ver 2.0.0 (or any other version)
DSG working under Windows NT server version 4.  I have a Network with an
AP/Pro box plus a Windows NT server and would like to put the printer on
the NT machine but also use the DSG to print from pick.

Any suggestions would be helpfull please respond to

Nick Osborn

2. InformaciĆ³n sobre base de datos en vb 5

3. PicLan DSG & Windows NT Server

4. New utility versions.

5. 24007-NJ-Warren-PC-Windows 95-Windows NT-SYBASE-Windows NT-ORACLE-Crystal Info-Programmer

6. Passing Parameter between forms using Visual FoxPro 3.0

7. SQL Server 7 and Windows NT Terminal Server and Windows NT 5.0 beta

8. Help wanted re 8.1.6 Personal

9. CA-SAN MATEO-268288--Q/A Testing-Java-Windows NT-Solaris-Windows NT-JDBC-Perl-Sh