Can I know type of cell programmatically? (calculated/derived)

Can I know type of cell programmatically? (calculated/derived)

Post by Mosha Pasumansky [MS » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 06:13:38

Quote:> I think I figured out a way to know the Calculated measures.
> I issue a MDSCHEMA_MEASURES RequestType and watch for <EXPRESSION> tag
> in the returnd rowsets for the measures. The tag is present for the
> calculated members, and is absent for the others.

Anand,

This is very unsafe thing to do. It would miss many other cases (calculated
members which are not measures is one obvious example). If your goal is to
discover when DRILLTHROUGH will work, the closest I can think of would be
UPDATEABLE cell property. All the calculated cells are both not updateable
and not drill through'able. However, there still will be cells which are
updateable but not drill through'able and vice versa.

HTH,
Mosha

Mosha Pasumansky  - www.mosha.com/msolap
Development Lead in the Analysis Server team
All you need is love (John Lennon)
Disclaimer : This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

1. Can I know type of Cell (i.e. Calculated/Derived)?

Hi Akshai,

Thanks for the tip on my earlier post.
I have a different query this time.
I want to execute DRILLTHROUGH on a Cell. I understand that I can not do
that on a cell that is of Calculated or Derived type.(am I right?).
Is there any way of knowing from MS AS as to the cell I am going to
perform a drillthrough is a Calculated/Derived type (so as to prevent
querying?).

Appreciate your response,
thanks,
Anand

2. Determine the alias name of a table within a open resultset

3. Anyone know of some canned (cheap or free) DB performance testing software

4. is mdx stronger then ndx?

5. Calculated Members & Calculated Cells

6. Migrating from Sybase for Unix 4.9 to Sybase for NT 11.5

7. Migrating Calculated Members to Calculated Cells

8. US DC and PA Information Sciences Positions

9. Calculated Members vs Calculated Cells - Performance

10. Changing cell formatting in Excel programmatically.

11. Calculated field problem - derive recordno?

12. Anybody know how to start SQL Server programmatically?

13. Calculated Cell