Getting the color white on toolbar buttons in 256 color mode

Getting the color white on toolbar buttons in 256 color mode

Post by Rick Bea » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Chris,
What you need to do is create a .MSK file - the same name and dimensions as
your .BMP file. It should be Black anywhere you want your colors to be and
White where it can be transparent (by default things act as though there is
an all White .MSK file). You can read more about it in the FPW help file, it
seems this info isn't in the VFP help file, but it still works the same.

Rick

>Hello All:

>I've got an application that uses a toolbar with pictures on each button,
>and it looks fine and nice in either Windows 16 bit color mode or higher.

>Unfortunately, when I run it on a user's machine which is set to 256 color
>mode, I can't get the color white to come through on the picture.  It just
>becomes transparent, and the grey from the button shows through.

>Anybody come across this before and been able to solve it?  Attached is a
>palette.bmp (with all 256 Colors) if you want to put your computer into 256
>Color mode and try it.

>Thanks for your help.
>Chris Brancke

Getting the color white on toolbar buttons in 256 color mode

Post by Chri » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Thanx everybody that responded.  I appreciate the help.
Chris