VFP 3.0 Win: more newby form-questions

Post by Karen Dro » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

This is the continuing story of the problems I encounter trying to make a
form. Thank you Alex, Brian, Gail and Esa for nswering my last question;
your answered saved that problem, but now I have a new problem.

I succeeded in making a form with two pages, but now I can't edit the data
displayed by the form. And I can't add new records either. It says
        'The record is read-only'
Now where did I define that????? I am puzzled once more.......

Thank you for your time.

Karen Drost
Utrecht, The Netherlands

1. VFP 3.0 win: Problem with form with 2 pages

The trick with PageFrames that you might be missing is that you have to have
the Page selected when you drop an object onto it - you can do this by
selecting the Page in the dropdown in the Object dropdown of the Properties
window. You can see if you have selected it because the PageFrame gets a green
hatched border around it (green on my monitor, anyway). Any objects you draw
will now be contained by the Page rather than the Form.
   Alex D. Baxter of the Asymptomatic Carotid Surgery Trial (ACST).
 Administered from Imperial College School of Medicine at St. Mary's.

              http://www.sm.ic.ac.uk/surgery/acst/

2. SQL DEBUGGING DOES NOT WORK FOR DATETIME PARAMETERS

3. Moving from form to form in VFP 3.0

4. data warehousing discussion

5. VFP 3.0/Win '95 Page Faults -- HELP!

6. Msgbox and Form KeyUp problem !!

7. How do I set up WIN 3.11 Workstations to run VFP 3.0 Apps

8. Database for Images?

9. WTB: VFP 3.0, Win Prof 2.6, FoxPro 1.0, 1.02LAN, 2.0

10. VFP 3.0 - Accessing External Libraries on Win and Mac

11. VFP 3.0 Win Bug Ridden

12. Win 95 & VFP 3.0 problems

13. Adding a menu system to a form - VFP 3.0