FPW2.6 -> MAC Is This Possible ?

Post by Bill Fah » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

A client has just told me (3/4) through the project that the code will
also have to run on a MAC. Does the code transport cleanly or will I
have to have two sets of code ?

Thanks for any help.

FPW2.6 -> MAC Is This Possible ?

Post by Andrew Dav » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>A client has just told me (3/4) through the project that the code will
>also have to run on a MAC. Does the code transport cleanly or will I
>have to have two sets of code ?
>Thanks for any help.

Yes, but.

There are a few gotchas I know of.

An important one is Fonts.  You need complete control or knowledge of
the fonts available on the Mac otherwise none of your screen or report
design will make any sense.

Help is implemented on the Mac by a MS help engine that reads a
Windows Help file, curiously.  You must include the help engine on
your distribution disks.  It helps to understand how to define
file/program associations on the Mac too.

Other matters are well covered by the "Foxpro Machete" book.

Andrew